- Text Size +
Story Notes:
It's been ages since I've written anything, this was just sort of a flow of thoughts, simple and light.

She lowers her head into her hands and cries. She hates it here. Really hates it. It was fun and different and adventurous and all that bullshit but she hates it. New York is not her town, it’s not her place, it’s not home.

She pushes her fingers into her eyes and rubs away the tears, trying to stop the crying. She looks up, through the blurry wetness, and sees his smiling face. She bursts out sobbing at his grin.

Oh God how she missed him, his smell, his laugh, his teasing eyes.

She flops to her left, her head hitting the pillow with a soft thud. She pulls her legs up against her chest and cries a few more tears.

She wants to go home.

She wants to feel his arms around her and hold her close. She wants to fall asleep with his gentle breathing brushing against her hair. She wants to hear silence again. She wants the constant noise to cease and hear nothing but his heart beat against her ear.

Why? She asks herself. Why did she leave it all behind and run into the city and try and be someone she’s not? She doesn’t know what happened. “Fancy New” Beesly was a dumb nickname and she never wanted to hear it again.

She wants to go home.

She was terrible. Her skills were mediocre and she was worse than she ever imagined she would be. Her teachers were kind to use a few choice words. She knew what they wanted to say however. What does she want to do with her life? She ponders the answers every day and yet everything she ever wanted was at home. She had to leave to realize she loves Scranton.

She runs her nose against the soft pillowcase and turns onto her stomach. Lifting her feet up into the air she lowers them quickly onto the mattress, kicking it hard. She was a child, a complaining child who was pouting because it didn’t go how she wanted.

She pulls the pillow down to her chest and curls around it, hugging it tight. She can’t stay like this. She can’t be gone any more. Her chest aches at the very thought of having to suffer one moment longer. She’s been torturing her heart to let her mind grow with knowledge and what did that bring her? Just more pain.

She wants to go home.

She sits up quickly and wipes her nose across her sleeve, her head hanging somberly. She’ll go home. It’s that easy. She hates it here, loves it there. Why does she stay? She won’t.

She stands up, checking her hair in the mirror. Grabbing her purse and slinging it over her shoulder she rushes out of her room, almost forgetting to lock it behind her.

She’ll go, where she belongs, into his arms, against his chest, and touching his lips. No more doubts, no more bullshit.

Chapter End Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.


dmscranton is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Worse Than She Ever Imagined also liked 1311 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans