- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Anything in italics is what is actually happening. After that, Michael's daydream has begun.
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.



Pam is trying to get him to fill out paperwork. Blech! He takes the stack of folders from her, kicks her and the camera crew out of the office then closes the blinds. He sticks out his tongue at the closed door then dumps the folders on the ground. He’ll do it later. Maybe. If he feels like it.

He sits behind his desk and thinks...



He walks into the office, whistling a jaunty tune. As he hangs up his coat, he notices Pam totally checking him out. It’s clear that she wants him, but Jim is his best friend! He’s torn over this, but decides to humor the poor gal and throws a smile her way.

“Looking good today, Michael,” Pam says. “And... have you gotten funnier?”

“Probably,” he answers matter-of-factly.

“Can you tell me some jokes later?” she practically begs.

Michael holds up his hands. “Whoa, Pam, slow your roll. You’re engaged to my BFF. Come on.”

“Sorry,” she says. She sighs like he’s just crushed all her dreams. “Oh - you have a meeting today with Bruce Willis.”

“Is it urgent?” he asks.

“He wants your advice,” Pam tells him. “He won’t stop calling.”

Michael rolls his eyes. “Okay, okay. Pencil him in.”

Pam winks at him.

Michael just chuckles and goes into his office, wondering how he might broach the subject of a threesome to Jim. Or maybe they could swing. Of course, he’d need a girlfriend himself before they could be swingers... but he could just text Heidi Klum or something. She’s been begging him for a date for months… no, no he couldn’t. It wouldn’t be cool. Jim would probably want to stop having sleepovers and cancel their plans to go to Magic Mountain. It isn’t worth the risk. He’ll just have to make Pam watch that video about sexual harassment again because she’s getting inappropriate.

While he’s rearranging his toy collection and answering an email from Will Smith, there’s a knock on the door.

“Come in!” he calls.

The door opens and a tall man with dark hair enters his office. Michael sees that he’s wearing a Members Only jacket, so there’s no doubt the guy is legit cool.

“Can I help you?” he asks.

“Are you Michael Scott?” the man asks.

“Yesh...”

“Michael, I’m John Johnson,” the man says. “I heard about you from a friend of mine - Fonzie. He says you’re the bees knees, Mike! So I came here to offer you something I think you’ll really enjoy, because any friend of the Fonz is a friend of mine.”

Michael gives a thumbs up and says, “Ayyyyy.”

John Johnson laughs and slaps his knee. He points at Michael. “Exactly! That is so Fonize!” He becomes serious again. “But, listen, Mike. I want to give you a superpower. Can you handle that?”

“Can I fly?” Michael asks. “Or X-ray vision? Man, I’d kill for X-ray vision. ‘Cause whenever I’m at the supermarket I see those cereal boxes that say they have prizes in them, but every time I buy one, I get a stupid prize. Who wants a book or a mini-calculator? Lame! If I had X-ray vision, I could see what boxes had the good prizes and buy those.”

“Excellent point!” John Johnson says. “But no. Mike, I want to give you... the ability to travel through time to detect all the best times to say that’s what she said!”

Michael’s eyes widen. “That... is... awesome!”

“Do you want to try it out?” John Johnson asks. “I can take you to a moment in time and we can try it out, right now!”

“Let’s go!” Michael exclaims.

“Okay! All you have to do is say ‘That’s what she said!’”

Michael shakes with excitement. He screams his favorite phrase and a bright white flash fills the room. The office melts away and Michael finds himself and John Johnson standing in a large, unfamiliar room where an overweight man with a squishy face is giving a speech.

“Where are we?” Michael whispers.

“The British Parliament House of Commons in 1940,” John Johnson explains. “That’s Winston Churchill. He’s making a speech and - oh! Get ready! Get ready!”

Michael focuses his attention on Winston Churchill.

“...with which it has been necessary to act,” Churchill says. “I say to the House as I said to ministers who have joined this government, I have nothing to offer but blood, toil, tears, and sweat. We have before us an ordeal of the most grievous kind. We have before us many, many months of struggle and suffering.”

Michael grins with glee and screams from the gallery, “THAT’S WHAT SHE SAID!”

John Johnson lets out a laugh and slaps his knee again. “You showed him, Mike!”

There is another bright white flash and Michael finds himself and John Johnson back in the office.

“So, what did you think?” John Johnson asks.

“I love it!”

John Johnson reaches out to shake his hand then salutes Michael. “Well, then, my work here is done! Enjoy yourself!”

“I will!” Michael promises.

John Johnson leaves the office and Michael settles himself behind his desk.

He begins to imagine all the possibilities that are now open to him and -



There’s a loud knock on the window then Pam yells out, “Are you filling out that paperwork?”

“Gah!” Michael exclaims. “Yes! Leave me alone! I’m busy!”

Chapter End Notes:
More to come as I think of them. I think this is going to be fun...

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans