- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: I own nothing. As much as I'd like to own Jim, I do not. Along with all the other characters, he is owned by NBC.

I was bored in English class one day, and this idea hit me, so I started writing. Although I've written a few fan fics, this is the first one that I've had enough courage to upload. I'm not sure how well I did. I hope it's not too sappy. Bear in mind that I'm new to writing these. ;) The title is from the song If The Moon Fell Down Tonight by Chase Coy.
Jim and I were sitting side by side in lawn chairs, watching the fireworks. They had been going on for a while now. My head was resting on his shoulder, and my arm was wrapped around his. The whole time we had been sitting there, I could feel his heart pounding hard against my head. I could tell he was nervous about something.

Is he going to purpose? No. Don't get your hopes up, Beesly.

Jim broke my train of thought when I felt his lips press against the top of my head, sending chills down my back. I smiled and sat up to find him gazing into my eyes.

"Hey." He was smiling a soft smile, which caused my heart to start pounding, just as his had been.

"Hey." I gave him a small smile in return.

He swallowed.

"Can I - Can I say something?"

"Yeah, of course."

He began shifting his position, as if he had already played out all of his movements in his head. Now he was sitting up straight, turned slightly towards me. I mimicked his position, and he grabbed my hands so they were resting between us on the arms of our chairs. His hands were shaking slightly. He returned his gaze to mine and continued.

"I - You are.." I could tell he was stumbling with words. "You are so damn amazing, Pam."

For a second I forgot how to breath. I could do nothing but smile at him. It felt like a big, dumb, child-like smile.

How does he always manage to take my breath away?

After taking a deep breath, he continued.

"From your cute feet to your thick, curly hair. Your sweet laugh, your gorgeous smile. The way your eyes light up when I walk over to reception..." His words drifted into the same child-like smile I was sure I was wearing. "I've never been very good with words, but..." He slid swiftly off of his chair and down in front of me, kneeling on one knee.

Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god.

"Oh my god." The last of my thoughts slipped out under my breath, almost inaudible.

He glanced up at me with an anxious smile, then quickly down to his hands. He pulled a blue, felt box out of his coat pocket, holding it out in front of me. Slowly, he opened up the top, to reveal a golden ring with a heart shaped, white diamond. "Pamela Morgan Beesly, will you marry me?"

His eyes were shining. Plastered on his face was his trademark half-smile. The sight was perfect. I saved a mental image somewhere in the back of my mind.

"Jim..." I felt my eyes tearing up. How could one person have such an affect on me? "I love you so much. You're so incredible." His smile grew a little. "Of course I'll marry you."

He grabbed the ring out of the box and placed the box back in his pocket. I put my hand out in front of him and he slid the ring onto my finger. I pulled my hand back to look at the ring.

"It's beautiful."

"Almost as beautiful as you."

Before I could respond, he latched onto my hands and pulled me out of my chair, standing up in front of me. I threw my arms around his neck while he settled his hands on my waist.

"I love you, Pam."

"I love you, too," I muttered just as his lips met mine in one the happiest kisses of my life. I'm not even sure how long we stayed like that. We were so caught in the moment that we forgot who was around us.

"Oh my god!" Kelly squealed in excitement, causing Jim and I to break apart from each other, but our smiles were still beaming. We looked over toward our co-workers. "Pam is totally wearing an engagement ring!"

"Yeah. It, uhm... It just happened." I looked up at Jim, who was staring down at me. I didn't think we would ever stop smiling.

"Way to go, Big Tuna!" Andy yelled, and threw his arm in the air. "Yeah!"

"We know who's getting some action tonight, am I right?" Michael beamed a proud smile.

Jim's eyes widened. "Wow."

I laughed. Not even Michael's sexual jokes could ruin this moment for us.

Phyllis stood up from the table her and Bob were sitting at. "Congratulations, Jim and Pam."

She began clapping, and the rest of their co-workers joined in.

I continued to look up at Jim. I was genuinely happy. Ecstatic, even. I wasn't sure what I did to deserve a man as great as Jim. I was just glad he was in my life. I knew I could take on whatever the future held for me, because whatever it was, I would be going through it with Jim. And that felt good.
Chapter End Notes:
I read fan fiction more than I write it, but I hope I did alright.
So... I hope you enjoyed it. Beer me reviews. ;)


iJam is the author of 3 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked I Must've Done Something Right To Deserve You In My Life also liked 810 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans