- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I was watching Branch Wars when I thought of this…

Ladeda, I don’t own anything, WildBerryJam is great. She makes me laugh.

This was written for the 2 week challenge. I started it then. Just didn’t get around to finishing it until now. I promise every chapter does relate to the word. Sometimes it may not be obvious, but it does!

(No spoilers. I promise.)

The first night back in Scranton was the worst.

            He had just left her there, by the fountain. He was standing there, apologizing, and then he was gone. She stood there in a daze, unable to process what happened.

            Somehow she managed to call her friend. After that she didn’t really remember anything. She knew it involved alcohol. A lot of alcohol.

            It took her three days before she went back to Scranton. And that is when it hit her – she was alone. Sure she had been single before. But that was in Stamford. So she wasn’t alone. She could go out with friends, visit her family, or even drive to New York whenever she was feeling down.

            Scranton was different. She hadn’t realized it until now, but she hadn’t really made friends in Scranton. She knew people at the office. But she definitely didn’t want to hang out with them, especially Pam. And outside of the office, she was mostly with Jim. She didn’t really have anyone else.

            She silently cursed herself as she pulled into the driveway. It hadn’t seemed so bad, four months ago. But now, she was stuck with a six-month lease, just two blocks away from her ex.

            As she entered her apartment, she was overwhelmed by memories. He had helped her move in, helped her decorate. On the end table, there was the picture of them at the fair last year. His beer in the fridge. His book on the couch. He was everywhere.

            This was not going to be good.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans