14 [Reviews - 33] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Many months ago, while writing the controversial Philly Jim, I promised a companion piece from Pam's point of view. Well, here it is... or part one of it, anyway.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Alternate Universe Characters: Jim, Jim/Pam, Pam, Pam/Other
Genres: Angst, Inner Monologue
Warnings: Adult language, Mild sexual content
Series: None
Chapters: 6 Completed: No
Word count: 9806 Read: 13179 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: February 09, 2009 Updated: May 14, 2010
[Report This]

1. Chapter 1 by wendolf [Reviews - 15] 8 (2374 words)
I've been struggling, off and on, with this story for about 5 months. Perhaps it hits too close to home, or maybe it's just harder to imagine a universe in which Jim and Pam are not together now that we know they are (very happily) together. But the seed for this story (and Philly Jim) was planted at the end of season 4 with the idea of "what if?" What if Jim and Pam hadn't worked through their communication issues? What if Pratt opened doors to Pam that she never expected? What if Jim held a grudge, acted insecure, regretted some choices? What if season 3 was only the beginning of Fancy New Beesley?

So ... here goes. What if?

(BTW, I don't think Philly Jim is required reading for this one .... but it might fill in some big, gaping holes.)

2. Chapter 2 by wendolf [Reviews - 5] (1347 words)
Okay, a couple of things...

1) I realize this story is a LOT of interior monologue, and if you're not into that sort of thing, I apologize. It's just how it's playing out in my head and Pam is getting a lot off her chest. Gotta' let the girl talk, right? ;-)

2) I meant to mention, before the first chapter, that much of this story was inspired when uncgirl told me Philly Jim reminded her of a particular song. And ever since that time last summer, whenever I hear that song I think of my New York Pam. So there is a link to the lyrics in the end notes of this chapter.

3) Just a reminder ... if you're reading this story, pretend none of season 5 ever happened. This takes place after Goodbye Toby and descends into a totally alternate universe.

I think that's it. For now. Enjoy!

3. Chapter 3 by wendolf [Reviews - 2] 1 (1115 words)
It's been forever between updates -- sorry about that, peeps! Granted, there are only a few of you actually interested in this story, but I still feel bad. Anyway, here's a bit more from Pam's perspective.

I realize that this may be even harder to swallow, given all that we've seen of Jim and Pam lately, but take yourself back to season 3 and all of that angst and miscommunication, all of Pam trying to find herself. Get yourself in that state of mind...

4. Chapter 4 by wendolf [Reviews - 4] 2 (968 words)
Okay, another quick update. We're getting there, folks.

5. Chapter 5 by wendolf [Reviews - 0] (860 words)
Kind of a short chapter, but we're getting to the Jim/Pam conversation from Philly Jim. That's next, in fact. And even though I said that you didn't have to read Philly Jim to understand this story, I'm realizing that it sure would help. I kind of overlap the two more than I thought.

6. Chapter 6 by wendolf [Reviews - 7] 3 (3142 words)
Alright, folks. This is it -- the final meeting between Jim and Pam, the one that I glazed over in Philly Jim. Hopefully it was worth the wait. I'm sure I could spend months working on it more, but it's time to close this chapter.