- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

As a birthday gift for Wildberryjam I have composed this series of vignettes. They are unbeta’d, and supposed to be cute. But when you’re concluding every scene with a perfect TWSS line, it’s a difficult endeavor. Anyways, it’s my goal to leave you all satisfied and smiling, so try and enjoy!
I: Sudoku
Her brow is furrowed in concentration. He approaches her desk—jelly beans sounds really good.

“Working hard, Beesley?” He says, and she just grunts at him. “Maybe next time don’t pick such a high level.”

“It’s not that.” She says, admitting defeat. “Maybe I’m losing my touch. I don’t think it’s supposed to be this hard.”

II: Remote
He’s being a child, or that’s what she claims.

The only reasonable course of action is to steal his remote. She stretches her arm outside of his reach, and refuses to give it back. No matter how much he pleads, the remote is in her control.

“Come on, Pam. Don’t make me beg for it.”

III: Movie Night
She thinks he’s joking when he comes to her apartment with all three Lord of the Rings DVDs.

By the end of the first movie, she realizes that he isn’t.

He claims they’re doing it for new prank material. She knows he really likes the movies.

At the end of the third movie, she yawns and kisses him on the cheek. That was nine hours of a Saturday afternoon/night she was never getting back. “I hope you realize how ridiculously long that was.”

IV: Construction
“I’m telling you, the front door is jammed.” She exclaims from her work phone to his cell phone. He is unable to get into the building, and some would consider it a good thing.

“How do you suggest I get to work Pam?”

“I don’t know. Why don’t you just come in through the back?”

V: Test
Pam refuses Jim as he offers to test her psychologically. She sits coyly, sipping on her beer, as Mark volunteers his services.

“Um, okay. I was hoping Pam would want to do this.” Jim says, kicking his feet around, clutching the controller. Mark stands before him confidently. “I’ve never really done this to a guy before...”

VI: Jello
He looks at her first attempt at the infamous Jell-o prank with an analytical eye. She is waiting on baited breath for him to say something.

“Well...” He mumbles, not sure what’s safe to say.

It was lopsided, and Dwight’s stapler was practically sinking to the bottom. It’s inevitable that a giggle would be exit.

She slaps him across the shoulder. “Shut up, this was my first time.”

VII: Sketch

The bowl of fruit on his kitchen table was the perfect subject for a snowed-in sketching marathon. He thoroughly enjoyed her drawing the bananas and oranges.

He’s more skeptical of the interpretation of the apple. He puts his hand on her shoulder, and asks, “Are you sure it’s supposed to be that red?”

VIII: Cookies
His oven timer was broken. That was his justification. However, she was unsatisfied with his excuse. He promised her cookies, and when he brought charcoal, she was not impressed.

“Just try one.” He said, shoving the plate in her face.

She shook her head vehemently. “No way am I putting that in my mouth.”

IX: Spilling
It was round three when Pam realized she was a target. Another crappy hand and punishment from Jim’s brother. He slapped down the ace and grinned. She only flushed with anger.

She was going to need liquor after that hand. He gives her a beer, not forgetting dinner’s incident. Her shirt was still wet with water. “Swallow slowly and try not to choke on it.”

X: Pizza Rolls
“I give up.” He declares, throwing the unopened box on the counter. Nothing short of a jackhammer would open this cardboard.

Absolutely hungry, she picks up the ragged box, and follows its instructions. It takes her only one try to get it torn open. She re-demonstrates for future snack-time references. “See. You just have to push it in here and pull it out.”

XI: Your/You’re
“I’m serious. Someone needs to revoke Kelly’s work email.” Pam is frowning at her inbox. “She has misused your at least thirty times.”

“Who knew you were so particular about your grammar?” He can’t help but smile at her anger.

“You would think your and you’re wouldn’t be that confusing.” She continues ranting, not even noticing Jim’s smile. “It’s not that difficult. Pretty sure I mastered that in high school.”

XII: Call of Duty
It was one of the few things he carried over from Stamford. Introducing Pam to Call of Duty seemed like a good idea at the time. Despite her lack of skill, she actually enjoyed herself and made future plans.

His online teammates, however, did not enjoy the damage to their stats. They all unanimously banned her after her exit.

“Come on, I’m sure she’ll get better eventually.” He pleads. “No one sucks for forever.”

XIII: Helium Tank
She enlisted Jim to help her with decorating for Michael’s birthday party. This year they got smart and rented a helium tank. His demand for 99 red balloons would be so much easier now.

The bag of balloons in one hand, she hands them to her boyfriend. Remembering the last time Jim had free range on the helium (involving her impressionably-young cousins and “Stayin’ Alive”), she warns him. The task needed finishing, and no high-pitch voices will be tolerated. “Blow as much as you want, but do not suck.”

XIV: Kitchen
Most of the cooking was done at Jim’s house. His kitchen was much more spacious and admirable than her small and compact one. But he insisted they were eating at her apartment that night.

He commented on the potential while preparing the grilled cheese. “You know if it were bigger there would be more things you could do with it”

XV: Crocheting
It was a New Year’s resolution to finally learn to crochet. Her mom had attempted to teach her knitting, but it was all for naught. This year her resolution would be met.

She slams down the project (nowhere near what it was supposed to look like) and frowns. Jim looks away from the basketball game (not the score he bet on by a long shot.)

“I hate this.” She screams, tossing her book for beginners across the room. “It’s just grabbing and pulling.”

XVI: groceries
It was supposed to be a trip to pick up a few items. An hour and thirty four dollars later, she’s toting some overly-stuffed paper bags.

He’s walking along, carrying his single plastic bag and a grin. “Careful Beesley.” He says as she tries to shuffle the bag around. “You’re going to rip it.”

XVII: Tacos
Their debate between soft shell and hard shell had spanned two weeks, and concluded with a stalemate. But when Jim declared he would be making tacos, she prepared herself for soft-shells. It was a pleasant surprise when she found the u-shaped tortillas waiting in Jim’s kitchen.

“Thank you!” She sighed, taking another blissful bite of chicken and lettuce. “I haven’t had a hard one in forever.”


XVIII: Injury
Catching an elbow in the face during basketball was not a good idea for his nose. The only upside was how close Pam was lingering. Her hand, pressed against the ice bag cradling his nose. Her beautiful face inches away from his.

She lifts the bag up and examines his nose. “Oh yeah. That’s definitely going to be swollen.”

IXX: – Dentist
He is sick of staring at her empty desk. Why she had to plan her dentist appointment at the middle of the workday, he will never understand. But when she returns, he can’t help but smile.

“Welcome back.” He says, his whole being relieved to see her. “How’d it go?”

“I’m still tasting the flouride.” She groans. “I hate having that taste in my mouth.”

XX: Television
The trip from New York had been really exhausting. And even though she was absolutely glad to be home, she was just so tired.

He flipped on the TV while she laid across the couch. The opening credits for The Celebrity Apprentice began, and she groaned. “I don’t think I’m up for that tonight.”

XXI: Engagement Ring
Neither had seen Kelly so excited as when she was examining her engagement ring. She squealed and delighted at the diamond, and asked Pam if it made her hand feel funny.

Both she and Jim smile, and she answers, “It’s kind of heavy, but totally worth it.”

XXII: Lock and Key
Another flaw in their new house: the lock occasionally refused to cooperate with the key. The temperature was approaching the single digit range, and all she wanted to do was wrap up in a blanket and watch TV. Today the lock was being extraordinarily disagreeable.

“I think it’s stuck...” She groans, fumbling with the cold metal.

“Well....try to pull it out.”

XXIII: Snowman
Their first Christmas in the new house. She would be content in just stringing up a few lights inside. He is determined to run their electricity bill sky-high.

He asks, trying to put up an impossible light-up snowman. “Pam, can you just read me what the box says?”

“For outdoor use only. Glows in the dark. Moves up and down. 6 feet long. Not For Children.”

“That’s what she said.” He replies with a mischievous smile. That was his plan all along.

“You were waiting to say something like that, weren’t you?”

“Oh definitely.”


cri-man-squa is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 3 members. Members who liked Life's Little TWSS Moments also liked 1252 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans