- Text Size +
It has been a year since Jim had kissed Pam on Casino Night. Things had been awkward around the office, and everyone has been noticing it too. Jim and Pam weren't as close as they used to be. Yet they both wanted the same thing, to be friends again and feel like they could tell each other everything. They just never would admit it.

"Hey, what's wrong with you?" Karen asked, leaning on Jim's desk. They've been going out for almost a month now.

"What?..Oh, nothing." Jim said feeling out of it. He was staring at Pam who was talking to Angela. How Jim wished he was Angela at the moment.

"You seem tired? Are you ok? Maybe I should take you home." Karen said, grinning. Pam saw this and started to listen.

"I'm ok, this isn't worth taking a sick day." Karen's grin faded and she walked away.

Michael came out of his office. Today, Pam noticed, he was looking extremley happy about something. He wasn't even annoying Toby, which was a first.

"Pam! Are you ready?" Michael said pounding on her desk.

"..Ready for what?" Papers flew off her desk, from Michael's pounding. Pam took the rest of the papers off.

"For Dunder Mifflin's annual sporting competition, of course!" Michael said grinning widely.

"YES!" Dwight said pumping his fist in the air.

"Since when do we have an annual sporting competition, isn't this the first time?" Jim asked.

"It's always been annual Jim, so shut it." Michael said it looked like nothing could bring him down.

Pam rolled her eyes and followed Michael into his office. There had never been any sort of sporting event at the office. And I'm sure Jan wouldn't have approved of it.

"We need to wire you up Pam - you're going to be our announcer," Michael said as some people came over to her and put a microphone on her.

"Lucky me," Pam said sighing at the camera.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Chapter End Notes:
this is only chapter one of the story.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans