- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
This just popped into my head when I saw this challenge and it pretty much just came tumbling out. I just typed. Hope you enjoy it! :)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

It was the end of the world. Pam was convinced of it. Completely and utterly convinced that the world was ending.

Michael Gary Scott was married.

To Emily Patricia Beesly.

Hell had frozen over.

And the world was ending, that was all there is too it.

“You know,” a voice interrupted her thoughts as she sipped champange from the crystal chute, “the world really isn’t going to end.”

“It is Jim,” Pam argued, “it really, really is.”

“Don’t you think you are being just a little over dramatic?”

“Nope.”

“Pam…”

“Don’t Pam me, Jim,” she retorted, “he married my cousin. He’s apart of the family now. How…what, I just don’t understand.”

“He’s just your cousin-in-law Pam,” Jim assured her, “it’ll be okay.”

“Jim,” Pam stopped him, “we are related to Michael Scott now. RELATED TO MICHAEL SCOTT. I’m in shock.”

“The wedding was very nice though,” Jim offered, “it’s obvious that Aunt Marianne took care of the planning and not Michael.”

“Still…”

“I’m serious Pam,” Jim interrupted with a sly grin, “it could have been worse. It could have been catered by Hooters or something…”

True.”

Or, I don’t know, it just could have been worse.”

Yeah, I guess. Aunt Marianne and Emily really did do a good job. The hall looks beautiful.”

I’m sorry you are taking this so hard Pam,” Jim apologized rubbing his hand against her back gently, “we had no idea that introducing them at our wedding would turn into another wedding a year later.”

I can’t believe it.”

You said that already.”

Suck it Halpert.”

You made a beautiful bridesmaid.”

Now you are just trying to butter me up for coat-closet wedding sex.”

Damn it, you caught on. Did it work?”

Not sure yet,” Pam answered and took another drink of her champagne, “you have to dance with me first.”

I suppose I could do that,” Jim shrugged, “can I have this dance Mrs. Halpert?”

Good,” Pam grinned and took his hand, “I can’t believe it. Michael and Emily…”

Shush Pam,” Jim sighed and pressed her lips to hers to quiet her for a moment. “It’s too late now, they are married. The least we could do is enjoy the reception and let Michael and Emily have their moment. Look at them…”

Pam’s gaze followed to where Jim was pointing, where Michael and Emily were enjoying a moment to themselves. Even from across the room Pam could see Emily’s radiant grin and Michael’s joy. They were truly happy and Pam had to be thankful for that.

They do look happy, don’t they?”

Yeah,” Jim agreed, “they really do.”

I guess,” Pam started and then shook her head in disbelief, “I guess that if they are happy I can learn to live with being related to Michael.”

It won’t be bad,” Jim assured her, “we’ll just avoid family reunions and any holiday when they are supposed to be there.”

Pam giggled against the suit coat Jim wore and wrapped her arms tightly around his chest, “sounds like a plan Jim.”

Chapter End Notes:
Just a little drabble. Hope it made you smile :) And I hope it cured my writer's block...


hann is the author of 2 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans