- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Multiple chapters to follow.
Author's Chapter Notes:
SPOILER ALERT!
The following story contains information about the Season 5 finale!
The tears in his eyes are like the mist from their first date as an official couple – their first night out when they could hold each other’s hands and not feel guilty. But now he’s squeezing her so tightly in his arms that he can swear his heartbeat is hers and they are deep within themselves, within a new self. For a moment too long his mind drifts to their past and how, at one point, he never would have imagined, even during the longest of early morning dreams, that he would be lucky enough to hold her like this and feel like this.

Instead of screaming, or jumping, or doing cartwheels down the hallway, he pulls her closer and presses his lips against her neck, into her hair, on her forehead. He almost wants to ask if it’s true, if this is actually happening, but he knows it is. It was bound to happen eventually. He just never expected it to be here, in this foreign place, with this beautiful girl, and with the overwhelmingly consuming feeling of I love her and our life more than anything ever, ever, ever.

“I can’t believe – you? Me?” his excitement is a slur, like when he saw her eyes on a certain Sunday morning with a certain sunrise and a certain explosion in her eyes.

“Yes,” she breathes, her skin flushed, glossy.

He hesitates for a moment, and then regrets leaving the room, but he decides to call Dwight; “Send in the subs!”

He starts to hyperventilate for a moment and then the tears threaten to give way, so he rushes back to his love – his life – and cries sweet, sweet tears into her auburn locks.
Chapter End Notes:
I cannot even explain how thrilled I was after the ending scene of the Season 5 finale. I shed many tears. This, and its following chapters, are dedicated to the emotions Jim and Pam had, have, and will have in their new beginning.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans