- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I had to write SOMETHING. It's been bothering me since about 9:31 on Thursday. Title and song are from "Last Night On Earth" by Green Day, from their new album.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I own nothing. I promise. But oh, how I wish I did. Season 6 would start tonight.
I sighed as I unwillingly opened my eyes. Who left the blinds open? I roll over onto my right, subconciously facing Jim. I find him staring at me.

It's then that memory from the day before comes to me.

-----

All I want to do is get back to the game. It would please me enormously to spike the ball into Charles's face.

The doctor and I wait for Jim to get off the phone with Dwight. I pray that my ankle isn't broken. Jim comes and stands next to me. I listen and nod as the doctor talks about the blood test. "It seems that Pam is pregnant." He smiles.

I feel a state of shock everywhere. My face falls. And then it hits me all at once, like a wave. I break out into a huge smile and turn to see Jim's reaction. He looks like he may fall over dead.

And then, just like me, he gets it. Gets that we made a baby together, that our child is alive in me. It's almost too much to take in, but Jim is hugging me and kissing me like I'm the only thing in the whole world. And it's simply wonderful.

"Um, do want to go back to the game?" I ask.

"No, no way!"

"Ok, then go call Dwight!"

I just smile and laugh and think about diapers and onesies and strollers and rattles. Do kids still play with rattles? And for a split second I'm scared out of my mind, because Oh my God I'm going to have a baby.

But then Jim comes back, and I know he's crying, and that makes the tears finally fall. I pat him on the back. "I love you so much." we stay like that for at least 3 minutes. The doctor has left to leave us some time alone.

"This is...Pam, this is so incredible."

"I know."

"Let's go home and celebrate, okay?"

I nod my head, because home is exactly what I want.

I hurry to the room next to ours, upstairs. It's a guest room right now, but not for long. Soon, I'll paint it in pastels, with a crib in the corner, and the rocking chair that Jim's mom used, that she gave us.

He comes up behind me and slips his arms around me. His hands are protecting my still-flat stomach, protecting our baby. The thought brings so many tears to my eyes.

There are no words that need to be said, we just stay like that. Because we're connected in an inexplicable way, one that is intensified by this surprise. And in our house, our own little world with this little family, the world stops.

-----

My eyes widen. "Jim!" I whisper. I can't believe how excited I am. It brings me back to the feelings I had when he got down on one knee in the rain, and I promised him forever. His hand covers mine that is resting on my stomach.

"Is it too early to think it's a girl?" Jim smiles as he asks.

"I don't think so. I kind of feel like it's a girl, too."

We're always on the exact same page. He was made for me, I was made for him.

Later he plays me a song from a new cd he downloaded. He says it's exactly how he feels about me.

My beating heart belongs to you
I walked for miles 'til I found you
I'm here to honor you
If I lose everything in the fire
I'm sending all my love to you

And nothing had ever felt so right.
Chapter End Notes:
Thanks for reading! Please leave reviews before you go back to watch a certain scene again like I will.


NoFireworks is the author of 8 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked My Beating Heart Belongs to You also liked 2011 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans