- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

For Pixel, who asked first, and Shroom, who promised inspiring screencaps.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

As she enters the church, Pam goes over the list she's built in her mind.

 

Say, I do.

Tell him I love him in front of everyone I know and a few I don't.

Dance the first dance.

Travel the world.

Create a home.

Raise a garden.

Raise a puppy.

Raise a child.

Make art.

Laugh.

Love.

Grow old.

 

The list is called Things To Do With Jim.

*  *  *  *  *

As he watches her walk toward him, every item on Jim's list falls away, except one.

 

Love her.

 

The rest he's willing to leave to chance. After all, she's the one.

*  *  *  *  *

When she reaches him, she smiles. It begins as a silent I love you and grows to a Can you believe this? He grins back. They both bounce just a little before turning to the official.

They make it through all the words, through the candles and the readings, the songs and the rings. She can't wait to get out of her dress, and he can't wait to help her, and when they see that in each other's eyes they laugh out loud.

When it's their turn, she takes his hands and says, "I love you, Jim."

He tilts his head and smiles. "I love you, Karen."

Together, they say, "So much."

They're laughing again as they kiss, and everyone is cheering, except one person who thinks, sadly, Jinx, and mentally crumples her list.



nomadshan is the author of 44 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 5 members. Members who liked The List also liked 186 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans