- Text Size +
Story Notes:

I really think that Karen is a good person who was caught in the middle of JAM unknowingly. After Lecture Circuit aired, I decided that Karen and Pam should continue their friendship, so I conveniently wrote it for them.

Disclaimer: I own nothing but the DVDs. And a Poster. And a calender. And my obsessive love for John Krasinski.
Author's Chapter Notes:

Takes place right after Michael and Pam leave the Utica Branch in Lecture Circuit


Pam couldn’t stop the grin that had appeared on her face as they left the Utica office from growing. The moment that Karen had congratulated Pam and embraced her, Pam felt a little more at peace. It was like that one last thing on her list of things to do had been crossed off. Not that Karen was on her mind all the time, or was keeping her relationship with Jim from moving forward, but whenever her name was mentioned or the past was brought up, it stung Pam a little. But now there was no more hesitation, no more worries.

Pam couldn’t wait to call Jim and tell him everything, but she didn’t really want to have the discussion with Michael Scott in the back seat of the car. She was just about to call him and let him know she would tell him the entire story later when her cell phone chirped. “He can read my mind from this far away,” she thought to herself, chuckling as she flipped open the phone.

“Hey you,” she answered cheerfully. She was sure he could hear the smile in her voice.

“Hey yourself,” Jim replied, “you sound excited. What’s going on? Is Michael entertaining you with his hilarious jokes?”

“Absolutely, what else is new?” she joked back, taking a moment to glance at Michael through the rearview mirror. He was passed out, head turned towards the window. “No, actually, he’s asleep in the backseat. I just had a really good day today, surprisingly.”

“Really? So things went well with Karen then? She didn’t try to bitch slap you and start a riot like you were worried about?” he asked sarcastically.

Pam just rolled her eyes and smiled again. “No, she didn’t. She was actually really nice, and…” Pam’s voice drifted for a second, not sure if she wanted to bring up the pregnancy issue at this moment.

“Aaaaand what?” Jim asked, obviously curious when it came to Pam’s interactions with his ex. He could only guess what was coming next, but surprisingly, Pam didn’t seem upset in the least.

“Well, she was really nice, and really, um, pregnant?” Why she said it like a question, she wasn’t sure, but for some reason she was a little shy about talking about it.

Jim’ eyes went wide for a moment, digesting the information that Pam had just told him, but after a few seconds he relaxed. “She’s pregnant? Wow, um, that’s cool, I guess. Right?” He wasn’t exactly sure what to say.

“Yeah, yeah, I mean when we first saw her, Michael made some inappropriate comment about the baby being yours, but after the presentation we got to talking, and she told me about her husband, and I could tell she was really happy. And I actually told her we were engaged, and she congratulated me, and she seemed really, truly happy for us. It just feels good to know she doesn’t hate me,” Pam finished quietly.

“I’m really glad to hear that,” Jim responded, “I don’t want you to be worried about what she’s thinking, but I’m happy.” Jim paused for a moment. “So she’s married? And pregnant? Wow, she didn’t waste too much time after me.” Jim joked, knowing Pam would appreciate the humor.

Pam laughed at his disbelief. “I know right! It was awfully fast.” She was about to continue, but Michael chose that moment to wake up.

“Where are we?” Michael asked, still drowsy from his nap.

Pam figured this would be a good time to let Jim go, so she ignored Michael for a moment. “Hey, Jim, Michael just woke up, so I’ll give you a call later when I get into the hotel. Should be about an hour or two.”

“Alright, drive safe. I love you,” he said, smiling.
“I love you too,” she responded, the smile on her face somehow managing to grow even bigger. Loving Jim never failed to make her glow.

Chapter End Notes:
Hope you are enjoying so far, the next chapter will be up soon! and by soon i mean i'll probably get so anxious i'll post it in the next few hours.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans