- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Spoilers for Company Picnic!
DISCLAIMER: I DON'T OWN JIM AND PAM OR THE OFFICE!
Pam laid on the operation table as they began to set up, Pam looked over to Jim came in the room, all suited up in scrubs. "Look at you, Dr. Halpert." Pam giggled.

"Hey Beesly." Jim went over to kiss to her and sat next to her. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm c-cold." Pam shivered.

"It is cold in here." He caressed her face and rubbed his hands to warm them then put them on her cheeks. "Better?"

"Yeah." Pam nodded.

"Pam, you're going to feel pressure." The surgeon said.

"Okay." Pam said and sighed softly.

"It's baby time, Beesly." Jim held her hand and kissed her forehead.

All of the sudden, they heard a sound. "It's a girl!" The surgeon shouted.

"It's a girl!" Jim shouted and looked down to Pam.

"We did it." Pam cried of happiness.

"I love you." Jim kissed her.

"I love you too." Pam smiled. "How is she?" Pam asked.

"I'm gonna go look, okay?" Jim wiped her and his tears.

"Okay." Pam nodded.

"How is she?" Jim came over to the nurses that were working on her.

"She's trying to scream and cry, but has some fluid in her." The nurse said squeezing the bulb into the baby's mouth.

"Jim, is she okay?" Pam asked Jim. "Why isn't she crying like she's supposed to?"

Jim went over to her, "She's trying to cry, Pam. The nurses are trying to get some of the fluid out of her." Jim wiped her tears.

"Guys, we're going to take her to the NICU, because she has some trouble breathing and wants to cry even though she has all that gunk in her throat and her lungs."

"Will she be okay?" Pam looked at the baby in the crib.

"I assure you she will be okay, we'll be monitoring her." The nurse said and nodded to the other nurse to take the baby to the NICU.

"Jim, go with her." Pam said.

"But I want to stay with you." Jim looked down to her.

"I'll be okay, just please I want to make sure that she's going be okay." Pam looked up to him. "Please, I'm scared."

"Okay." Jim nodded and kissed her. "I'll be back." He ran off to the NICU.

"Look there's Jim!" Wally looked over as Jim ran through the halls.

"Jim--" Larissa said.

"Hey." Jim was now of breath. "We got a baby girl."

"Oh, Jim!" Larissa hugged him.

"Congratulations, son." Wally patted him on the back.

"Thank you." Jim said. "I gotta head to the NICU." He panted.

"NICU?" Larissa frowned. "Why? Is something wrong?"

"She's just had some trouble breathing with all the fluid and the stuff from birth, she couldn't really scream and cry like all babies do when they're born so they're keeping her in there." Jim said, running his fingers through his hair.

"Oh." Wally said. "Is she going to be okay?"

"Well, I'm going to find that out as I head to the NICU." Jim said as he started to cry.

"Oh, Jim," Larissa hugged him. "She's going to be okay. I know it." She rubbed his back, "They have really good doctors here." Then she pulled back, "You and Pam just have be strong for your baby, ok?"

"Your mother is right." Wally said.

"I know." Jim sniffled and wiped his tears. "Thanks Mom, and Dad." He hugged them again.

"Anything for you and Pam, honey." Larissa smiled softly.

"I'm gonna go to see her." Jim said.

"Okay." Larissa nodded. "Tell us how she is."

"And tell Pam we love her." Wally said.

"Will do." Jim nodded and ran off to the NICU.

At the NICU, Jim arrived at the room where he saw all the babies in the incubator or in the plastic cribs.

"Sir, what's your name?" The nurse asked him.

"Jim Halpert," Jim said as he took off the hat. "My daughter was the one with trouble breathing and had some fluids in her."

"Oh, right." The nurse said, "Come on." She leaded the way to the baby's incubator. "Here she is." She pointed at the baby.

"Is she going to be okay?" Jim asked after seeing his baby daughter with tubes in her and wires on her arm.

"Yeah," The nurse nodded, "She just needed to be closely monitored after a while, that's all."

"Thank you." Jim nodded and then looked at the pink card on the window of the incubator that said:

"Baby Girl Halpert; 7 pounds 8 oz, 2/2/10, 1:02 AM."

Jim sighed and put his hand through the hole to touch her hand, the baby whimpered as she tighten her grip on his finger.

"It's going to be okay." Jim whispered. "Daddy is here."
----------------------------------------------------------
Jim came back to the room where he saw Pam sitting up in bed sobbing, "Pam." He hugged her in a embrace.

"What did they say? How is she? Is she okay?" Pam pulled back.

"What the nurses said that she will be okay, she needs be checked up by them every once in a while." Jim said as Pam hiccupped along with the sniffles. "But other than that, she's so beautiful." Jim wiped her tears. "She looks like you, with your cute nose."

"Really?" Pam smiled.

"Yeah." Jim nodded as he tucked her hair behind her ears and kissed her forehead.

"Oh, Jim." Pam sighed deeply as they put their foreheads together.

"I love you." Jim whispered.

"I love you too." Pam said as she looked at him. "When can I go see her?" Pam asked.

"Depends how you feel." Jim said as he held her hands. "I mean, you just had a surgery like an hour ago."

"I feel okay, but not great." Pam said.

"Why won't you sleep for a bit after all you went through and see how you feel?" Jim asked, caressing her face.

"But I'm afraid--"

"I'll go check up on her for you again, I promise you." Jim said. "And maybe when you wake up and see how you feel, we can go see her okay?"

"Okay." Pam nodded and sniffled.

"Everything is going to be fine, Pam." Jim kissed forehead.

"I know." Pam sighed.

"She just wanted to be out and about." Jim said. "I see where the impatient is from, already."

"Yeah, only 2 weeks early." Pam laughed.
----------------------------------------
3 hours later...

"Look, there she is Pam." Jim pointed as he wheeled her into the NICU.

"She looks so small with all the wires on her." Pam said.

"Yeah." Jim nodded and brought her to the baby's incubator, "I'm back and I brought someone special along with me." He said to the baby.

"Hi." Pam said softly and was about to put her hand through the hole, but hesitated.

"It's okay, you can touch her hand Pam." Jim put his hands on her shoulders.

"Okay." Pam nodded and put her hand through the hole to touch the baby's hand. Pam gasped as the baby grasped her finger, "She's so strong." She smiled as she looked over to Jim.

"Yeah, she is." Jim smiled as he caressed Pam's back.

"You know, I would like to name her?" Pam caressed her small hand.

"What?" Jim looked over to her.

"Ella Marie Halpert." Pam smiled as she caressed the baby's cheeks.

"I love it." Jim said as he kissed her head.

"Do you want to hold her, Mom?" The nurse asked.

"I-is it okay?" Pam looked up to her.

"Yeah," The nurse smiled and then she opened the incubator. "Let me wrapped her up first."

"Okay." Pam nodded as she watched the nurse wrapped her up carefully.

"There you go," The nurse handed the baby carefully to Pam.

"Hey you." Pam said softly as she stroked the baby's cheeks again. "She's so perfect, Jim." Her tears began to brim her eyes as she looked over to him.

"She is." Jim smiled brightly.

"I'm your mommy, Ella." Pam smiled as she held her small hand that stuck out of the blanket. "Doesn't that sound weird?" Pam looked over to Jim.

"I agree." Jim laughed as he nodded. "Us being parents to this little girl." Jim caressed her head. "It's all real."

"Yeah." Pam said, smiling.

"I love you both." Jim kissed Pam and the baby's head.

"We love you too." Pam looked up to Jim and then back to Ella.


adampascalfan12 is the author of 7 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans