- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi! First off, I want to thank NanReg . Not only did she spend time helping me whenever I have a question, but also beta-ed the story and came up with the title. Nan, I don't know what else to say except thank you so very much for everything. Second, OMG, it's my first story ever!!

Disclaimer: The Office and its characters are the property of NBC and the grand brainchild of R. Gervais, S. Merchant, G. Daniels & Company. I own nothing except for all four season on DVDs and various merchandise. But that's it.
-------------------------


“What?”

“What, what?”

“I don’t know,” Jim said, “you’re looking at me weird.”

Both of them were wearing matching sheepish grins, holding hands while “running” in the Michael Scott Fun Run for the Cure. And the surprising thing was, they were having fun, mostly because they were with each other. And if the last couple of months taught them anything, it was that as long as they’re together, everything will be fine.

Pam shrugged, “Nothing. It’s just...why are you smiling so slyly when you’re taking my hand?”

“Slyly? I thought it was pretty suave!”

“You know what I mean! We’ve held hands and done way more. It’s as if you’re shy to take my hand or something.”

Jim can feel his face getting warmer. Whether it was due to getting caught by Pam and what she’s saying or simply the weather, he didn’t know. All he knows is that he can do the simplest things with her now, such as holding hands, to other stuff that he prefers not to think about too deeply right now (because they are in a public place and it’ll be a while before they can be alone in private). He also didn’t know if he could articulate to her what this whole thing between them means to him without going into too much detail. Granted, this is the stuff that they’ve already talked about and is nothing new for her. But sometimes, actually, lots of times, it just hits him that he, Jim, and Pam, the girl of his dreams, are together as a couple.

“Well?” Pam broke through his thoughts.

“It’s really nothing.” Jim explained. “Just…remember how I told you that sometimes look at us and it all feels so surreal?”

Pam nodded and he continued, “Since we came out to the camera crew at work ---great secret-keeping skills by the way--- I just feel that it’s official and we don’t have to do a lot to hide it anymore, you know?”

She smiled, “Yeah, I know.” And both were just content to continue their walk while their fingers were woven tightly between them. Neither said anything more because at that moment, nothing more was needed.

Eventually they made their way to an estate sale where he convinced her to make a quick detour.

There wasn’t anything far from the ordinary in the sale. But one thing that caught Pam’s eye was a weird lamp that someone had apparently deconstructed, with no lampshade, just the bulb which was in an odd shape. Nevertheless, it appealed to her artist’s eye because, in a strange way, it looked kind of cool. She held it up and examined it in more detail, the surface was smooth and the color was very similar to the teapot Jim gave her for Christmas a while back. She looked at the price and decided that eight dollars was definitely worth it.

Jim came up behind her and spoke over her shoulder. “I don’t know what the difference is between an estate sale and a garage sale. Do you? What is that?” He looked at the lamp in her hand.

“You can’t tell? It’s a lamp.”

“Really, Pam? Of all the cool things in here, this is what you decided to buy?”

“Hey, don’t mock! Someone poured their heart and soul into creating this masterpiece. The least I can do as an artist is to support another artist.”

Jim rolled his eyes, “Well…the only artist that I support is my girlfriend so I rarely pay attention to other artists.”

Even though he said that jokingly, Pam’s eyes grew bright and a soft smile appeared. She rose up on her feet to plant a smacking kiss on his lips, then turned to the front door so she could find the owner and pay for the lamp. She didn’t realize that she had left Jim standing there with a smile curving his lips and a stupid-in-love expression on his face. He quickly followed her through the door, just in time to see her proudly present her find to the camera crew. She then handed the lamp to him, presumably so he could hold it for her.

“Oh, I guess I get to hold it.”

Pam slid him a sideways smile and said, “Yup, since you’re my boyfriend, part of your duties are to carry my shopping bags. Or whatever I buy when we’re out together.”

“I see. But I demand that when we get home later, I get to do other boyfriend stuff.” He replied with a grin.

“By other boyfriend stuff, do you mean hooking up my Tivo?” Now her smile was just as big as his.

“And if by hooking up your Tivo you mean sex, then yes.”

She giggled as she dropped his hand and swatted him on the arm.

“What?!?” Jim exclaimed, “I’m just being honest! Come back here!” and reached out to reclaim her hand, which she yanked away.

“Why must everything comes back to sex with you?” She joked.

He was pensive for a moment before answering seriously, “Because you’re you and I’m, well…I’m living my dream.”

She glanced up at him, “Oh my gosh, you’re blushing again!”

He rolled his eyes, “Nice, Pam! I’m here spilling my heart out and you’re laughing at me.” He pretended to drop her hand and walk ahead of her. Of course, she caught up to him and this time, it was she who grabbed his hand.

“I’m sorry, I’m sorry!”

When he made a big deal out of looking everywhere but her, she leaned into him and said, “How about when we get back home, you can do all the boyfriend stuff that you want to me?”

After a quick pause, Jim finally looked at her and said, “Anything?” and broke out in a smile.

“Uh huh!”

He held tightly onto her hand and walked faster. “C’mon, we need to finish the race quickly!”


-------------------------
Chapter End Notes:
Thank you for reading! :o)


bkwrm is the author of 9 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 6 members. Members who liked New also liked 2817 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans