- Text Size +
Story Notes:
-

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

-
Author's Chapter Notes:
-

This is just something that wouldn't leave me alone all day, so I wrote it in about fifteen minutes. Pardon any grammatical errors that you might find!
-

"Jim, come up here! Jenny and I have something to show you!"

He heard Pam's voice from upstairs, followed quickly by the giggles and shrieks of their one-year old daughter, Jenny. He set the newspaper down on the coffee table in front of him, swung his legs around and stood. As he approached the staircase, the giggles of both his daughter and wife grew louder. He climbed the steps quickly, eager to see what Pam had in store for him.

When he got upstairs, the walls looked completely different. They were covered in at least twenty (if not more) pieces of computer paper that were scotch-taped up. All of the papers were covered in multi-colored crayon scribbles. In the corner of the scribbles were arrows, drawn in a much sturdier hand with a darker purple crayon. Jim followed them, slowly walking along the hallway and taking each paper down as he went.

As he came to the last one he neatly stacked them in a pile, walking into Jenny's nursery and placing them on her dresser. It was there that he found Pam in the rocking chair, Jenny on her lap. She had her eyes closed, Jenny's arms around her waist. Her grip was loose and relaxed, but she had a protective hand resting on her daughter's auburn curls. So as not to scare them, Jim kneeled down next to them, placing a gentle kiss on Jenny's head. Once she stirred, Pam opened her eyes, and he placed a kiss on Pam's lips.

"That was awesome, just so you know," he murmured quietly as Jenny played with his long fingers. "I think that the talent gene got passed on, Beesly."

Pam laughed, pulling Jenny close and kissing her cheek. "It's not over, you know. There's still more."

"Oh really?"

"You bet." Pam stood, and Jim followed. She shifted Jenny into his arms, standing close. "Jenny, sweetie," Pam cooed, stroking her daughter's cheek, "ready to show daddy what we've been practicing?"

Jenny grinned from ear to ear, her wide green eyes lighting up. She began to squirm, so Jim sat on the floor, placing her gently on the soft carpeting. Pam sat down next to him, leaning her head on his shoulder.

He nudged her gently. "You're not gonna tell me she can dance already, are you?"

They had been joking about putting Jenny into dance classes because of her not-so-graceful walking skills. Pam laughed, shaking her head. "No, not yet, but I think you're gonna like this better."

Pam reached out to Jenny, taking her little hand. "Okay, Jenny," she said slowly, "you know what today is, right?"

Jenny nodded. "Fafah deh."

"Tell daddy what you want to tell him," Pam encouraged.

Jenny climbed onto Jim's lap, curling up to him and hugging him tight. "Habif... habef..." her face scrunched up with worry, and she frantically looked to Pam for help.

"Happy," Pam reminded her slowly and patiently, and she perked up.

"Happuh fashah day, dada!" Jenny pulled herself up, bracing herself on Jim's shoulders and kissing his cheek. "I luhff dada."

Jim hugged her close, his eyes shining. "I love you too, sweet girl." He pulled away to kiss her cheek gently, and then went right back to hugging her. He held her tight as he rocked her back and forth, almost too shocked - even after a full year with her - that this wonderful little girl was his daughter. Their daughter.

"Pam, I... this was amazing. The best first Father's Day gift ever," he said, nearly too choked up to form the words. "Thank you."

"I don't know if anything can top the pancakes on Mother's Day, though," she teased.

"Okay, those pancakes were made with love and care and affection," he stated seriously, but soon broke out into a smile. "It's so not my fault they exploded."

"Well, either way, I'm glad you liked this," she said. "She's been working on it for almost a month."

"It paid off," Jim said honestly, a smile lighting up his face. "She's going to start talking more!"

Pam's face lit up. "Finally! I've been waiting for another girl in this house to talk to for... forever! I mean, we can talk about shoes, and chick flicks, and George Clooney..."

Jim's expression went from a look of pure happiness to a look of dread. "Oh my God. Pam, you've created a monster."

Pam smiled. "Happy Father's Day!"

-
Chapter End Notes:
Hopefully that was enjoyable. Please review!


BSan is the author of 4 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Happuh Fashah Day, Dada! also liked 1089 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans