- Text Size +
Story Notes:


Author's Chapter Notes:

This is Larissa Halpert’s diary. She decided to begin keeping it when she became pregnant for the third time. The entries will be in chronological order from different days and events in her life and her children’s lives.

This is the first entry of Larissa's diary as she considers raising a new baby. Enjoy!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Apparently all diaries are supposed to begin with “Dear diary,” but that’s a bit cliché, I think.

Today I learned that Michael and I are expecting for the third time. We couldn’t be more excited, and can’t wait to have a new baby to raise corrupt (from Michael). Raise. (Michael please don't read my diary.)

On the way home from the doctor, I thought about how Tom and Pete had grown up so much in such a short time. It occurred to me that beyond pictures and home movies, that I couldn’t remember much of the day-to-day events since they joined our family. So I decided that starting today I’m going to keep a diary of my life in order to remember each day of it.

I would love a little girl. I think Michael would too. He would spoil her to no end and love it. Her brothers would be protective of her, while her father would begin worrying about boys the moment she steps into daycare.

On the other hand, a third boy would exciting. Raising two boys has been quite an adventure and a third could only increase that. I guess raising children, boys or girls, is an adventure each day regardless.

For a girl I like Julia Rose Halpert. For a boy I like James Adam Halpert. Michael and I will discuss that later. Right now we’re too preoccupied with the thought of a new baby. There’s nothing more wonderful and exhausting than having a baby in the house. Of course it will be difficult with already having two boys who by then will be 5 and 3. But we’ll manage like we always do.

Mostly I’m excited for onesies and blankets. For fingers and toes and new teeth. For walking, talking, discovering. For scraped knees and bumped heads made better by a kiss. For Winnie the Pooh and Christopher Robin and all of the childhood essential stories. For a new person to love and adore and protect no matter what. For a baby.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans