25 [Reviews - 52] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Jim is out of work. Now complete.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Drama, Inner Monologue, Married
Warnings: No Warnings Apply
Series: None
Chapters: 3 Completed: Yes
Word count: 9247 Read: 7698 ePub Downloads: 1
Published: September 24, 2009 Updated: November 05, 2009
[Report This]
Story Notes:
This story picks up after the end of what would be Season 7 of the show. I've never written a first person fic before, and this is an experiment for me (please be gentle with me). Times are hard, but like Jim, you just gotta hang in there with me 'til the end.

1. Chapter 1 Here's That Rainy Day by jazzfan [Reviews - 26] 10 (3240 words)
If you've never heard the song Here's That Rainy Day, try the Bill Evans version - it's on youtube. (or Sinatra)

Huge thanks to Vampiric Blood and NanReg. This was a much bigger mess before they helped me out.

2. Chapter 2 Ain't It Good to Know (You've Got a Friend) by jazzfan [Reviews - 15] 7 (2834 words)
The chapter title is taken from the Carole King song (not jazz, but still good).
Thanks to all the readers who left helpful comments on my first chapter, and for sticking with this story.
Thanks also to my fab betas, NanReg and Vampiric Blood. You rock.




.

3. Chapter 3 Nature Boy by jazzfan [Reviews - 11] 8 (3173 words)
“The greatest thing you’ll ever learn, is just to love, and be loved, in return.”
.

This chapter title is from the song made famous by Nat King Cole, written by Eden Ahbez. (You may know it from the Bowie version in Moulin Rouge) Here’s a wonderful version by Kurt Elling with the Sydney Symphony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXprs8-U5nA
.

Here’s more about the composer - interesting that he was homeless by choice for part of his life:
http://www.spaceagepop.com/ahbez.htm
.

Big thanks to Vampiric Blood for kicking my ass (I needed that) on this one, and to NanReg, who hates to see me be mean to Jim. Bestest betas evah.
...