- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
Author's Chapter Notes:
I kinda hope this doesn't get too lost in the shuffle of all the honeymoon/babyfics out there. This is a little different but very much JAM related. Months ago, I started writing a project where I picked small JAM moments (or things relating to JAM moments) and wrote them entirely from a different perspective. Each of these short vignettes relate to a separate episode and are told in a variety of ways, using as many different characters and styles as possible. I was using the as mainly an exercise to help my writing but I shared a few I had already written with the lovely JamJunkie14 and she said I should post them, so I figured what the heck. Out of the 90+ episodes I have about thirty written so I'll post them sporadically while I'm writing One Week and if inspiration strikes I'll finish writing the ones I don't have completed.

Each episode will have it's own chapter and they'll be posted somewhat randomly. I consider each vignette to be stand alone.

I realize these might be a little odd but I hope you enjoy anyway. :)
The Surplus: Creed Bratton's POV

He needed the chairs. He couldn’t describe how badly he wanted to get those last few chairs. The receptionist had been telling him for months that she’d give him her chair and now the boss was contemplating getting new chairs for all of them. Then he’d have the three that he needed. Then he’d be satisfied.

But it looked like the tall guy and the Mexican were after a new copier. Screw a new copier. Who needed copies of things anyway? People and their new technology. He never trusted Mexicans if he could help it and he was still mad that the tall guy wouldn’t give him peach cobbler on his birthday. This was war.

It was a shame that Schrute wasn’t here to take a side. The receptionist needed all the help that she could get. The red head was never any help. She was always passed out at her desk. All the black man did was do the crossword. None of them knew how to fight. But the receptionist did.

He found her in the break room, studying the contents of the vending machine. He came up close to her, not making a sound like he had been trained. “Hey, ya sweetie pie,” he whispered.

She jumped when she heard his voice. “Creed?” she asked confused. She looked uncomfortable but he didn’t notice.

“Yeah, Creed Bratton,” he said offering a hand. She didn’t take it, so he continued. “What’s the situation on the chairs?” he asked plainly.

“I don’t know,” she said frustrated.

“You still going to give me yours?” he asked. He wanted to make sure she was still holding up her end of the deal.

“If you want it, I suppose,” the receptionist answered. “But if we get new chairs, you won’t need my old one.”

“Oh, I’ll want it,” he assured her. “Gonna need it.”

The receptionist decided not to ask about that. “Look, I’ll let you know if there are any developments, alright?”

Creed shook his head apparently she wasn’t as scrappy as he’d given her credit for. “You’re gonna have to switch up your tactics. You’ll have to get the boss to succumb. Mariana and Sammy aren’t going to do you much help. Sex it up, sweet cheeks, the boss will love that.”

“What?” she asked, now a bit afraid. He still didn’t notice.

“Shake those things about,” he responded, pointing to her breasts, taking a moment to imagine what they might look like. The receptionist, when she realized what he was talking about, crossed her arms over her chest. “Wiggle your ass. The boss will love it. Sleep with him if you have to.”

“Creed, I am not sleeping with Michael for chairs.” She said defensively. “Or for anything else,” she added when she saw his eyes grow wide.

“Come on,” Creed said, his voice low and raspy. “You want to win this thing don’t cha? It’ll only take a few minutes of your time.” Creed didn’t understand what her problem was. The boss wasn’t a bad looking guy. He seemed a little sad, too, now that man with sad eyes was back.

“No,” She said firmly. “First of all, I’m engaged, and secondly of all…it’s Michael.” She grimaced.

“Oh Roy won’t mind,” Creed assured her. “He doesn’t even work here anymore. And he doesn’t seem to care that you’re banging the tall guy.”

The receptionist’s jaw dropped.

“Fine, you don’t want to do it the easy way, I’ve got something better. We wait ‘til Schrute gets back. We get a few needles and take the boss out back…”

“NO!” she screamed in horror. “No, no, no…you know what, let’s just try some friendly persuasion...or something. One step at a time.”

“That a girl,” Creed smiled, she was finally coming around. “Let me know what happens.” He patted her on the back as he left not noticing her shiver.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans