- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Heh.  I have written Teh Smut.  Mostly just to see if I could.

Inspired in part by comments made by svilleficrecs and kyrafic.

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

“Hey.”  Pam looked up to see Jim leaning on her desk, a devilish glint in his eyes.

 

“Hi,” she responded cautiously.  When he didn’t say anything for a moment, she added, “Can I help you?”

 

He made a noncommittal noise.  It took a moment for her to realize that after his initial greeting, his eyes had dropped from her face to the neckline of her blouse.

 

“What are you doing?” she asked, glancing around to make sure no one was paying attention to them.  Their romance was no secret; that would’ve been impossible given the way they had finally gotten together.  But still, they did their best to be discreet.  Usually.  “You’re looking down my shirt.”

 

He made the same I’m-not-really-listening noise, and she rolled her eyes and resolved to ignore him.  There was a message for Michael in her hand; she had just finished writing it down when Jim had sauntered over.  Reaching up to put it in the correct slot in the holder on the desk meant she had to lean towards Jim.  As she did, her neckline gaped a little bit more.

 

With a throaty sound of appreciation, he said, “Have I mentioned today, Beesly, that you have beautiful…”

 

“Stop!” she gasped, straightening so quickly that her chair rolled backwards a few inches.  “What the hell are you doing?” she demanded, looking around again.  Everyone still seemed absorbed in work; one camera was in the managers’ office with Michael, Josh, and Jan, the other was in the conference room doing one-on-ones.

 

“Nothing.  Sorry.  I came up here to talk to you and I got a little distracted.”  She snorted at the absolutely unrepentant look on his face.  “Anyway,” he continued, “I have a surprise for you.”

 

“Really?”

 

“Not now.  Later, after work.  But I need your help first.”

 

“With what?”  She was still suspicious.  He smiled – the smile that made her breath catch, her heart stop, and bits lower down tremble in anticipation.  She sighed, acknowledging that there wasn’t much he couldn’t convince her to do when he looked at her like that.  Even in broad daylight.

 

He leaned closer and lowered his voice even more.  “I need to borrow your underpants.”

 

“You need money for this surprise, so you’re going to charge Kevin to see my underwear?”

 

“Are you calling me a geek?”

 

“If the shoe fits, Halpert.”

 

“I’m serious.”

 

“No, you’re not.”

 

“Don’t you trust me?” he asked with his best innocent-choirboy look.

 

She wasn’t buying it.  “Why?”

 

He smiled again and said deliberately, “It’s a surprise.”

 

She narrowed her eyes as she assessed him.  Truthfully, she was amused and more than a little turned on by the idea, but didn’t want to let him know that.  She grabbed a small manila envelope and headed for the bathroom.

 

When she emerged from the break room a few minutes later, Josh was standing in the doorway of the managers’ office.  He caught her eye and said, “Pam, do have a minute?  We need you.”

 

She detoured to her desk to grab a notebook and dropped the manila envelope in Jim’s lap as she passed him.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans