- Text Size +
Story Notes:
This was requested by pamelamorganhalpert after Reconnection - it isn't vital that you read that first, but it might help set the scene a little.
Author's Chapter Notes:
So i'm not very confident about this story...I may even go back and re-edit it sometime, but I figure it's better for now to get some feedback to actually work from.
Disclaimer: Any publicly recognizable characters, settings, dialogue, or otherwise publicly recognizable content is the sole property of NBC and its affiliates. The author makes nothing from this, and is in no way related to NBC or any of its affiliates. Don't sue me, you'll be sorely disappointed.


AS LONG AS IT'S NOT WHORISH


“Jim, I need to speak with you, it is of the utmost importance,” Jim sighed as Dwight entered his office quickly and closed the door behind him. This was not what he was after today. Fresh back from Puerto Rico he had expected to enjoy the rested feelings of his honeymoon for at least a week. Unfortunately Michael's revelation about Pam's mother, as well as falling in the koi pond, had put a damper on things. And now, the joy of Dwight.

“Dwight, I am not writing anybody up or listening to any suggestions for company improvement today. Just submit it to me in writing.” Dwight's eyes narrowed briefly.

“Despite my disgust at your lack of leadership, I have in fact come to you for a different reason. I require guidance.” Jim's mood lightened considerably at the opportunity to mess with Dwight.

“Of course, what can I do for you?” Dwight's eyes darted around the room as if checking for listening devices which, given last week, was not so surprising. He leaned forward.

“I have decided to make Angela my wife. However I am informed that simple demanding of this is not appropriate, that proposing is some kind of “big deal” to women. Whilst we Shrute's normally simply inform the woman of the change in arrangements, I understand this is no longer acceptable. You have proposed to, gotten married to, and impregnated a woman. So I require guidance from you.”

Jim's eyes bugged out of his head as he took in Dwight's words. The man actually came to him for something like this? Although his initial instinct told him to convince Dwight that women liked bathtubs full of onions instead of engagement rings, he fought it down. Dwight had actually come to him for help, for something important. Even if he didn't have the threat of a slightly overemotional pregnant woman who would pound him to a pulp if he messed up something so important, he still felt compelled to do the right thing.

“Ah, ok, first you need a ring.” Dwight, the ever attentive pupil, immediately produced a box, opening it to reveal a modest diamond on a gold band. Jim leaned in closed to see that miniscule cats were engraved around the edge of the band.

“Wow, ok, very organised. Just so we're clear you and Angela are now dating again?” Dwight looked at the ring briefly before smiling smugly.

“We have an arrangement.” Jim suppressed a shudder and continued.

“Look this sort of thing is usually more for the woman than the man. Basically she says yes and we're happy. But for girl's it's different.” Dwight, having pulled out a pad halfway through his sentence, was scribbling and nodding furiously. Jim sighed, he had no idea what to say now. This was more of a girl thing. A thought occurred and he smiled. He pressed his intercom.

“Erin will you have Pam come in here please?” Dwight looked up sharply, about to protest when Jim said, as sincerely as he possibly could, “You need a woman's perspective here.”

Dwight looked like about to argue before nodding. Pam entered, looking confused as Jim requested she shut the door. As he filled her in on the situation he noticed Pam tearing up. Another side effect of her pregnancy was finding everything extremely moving. Last week she had cried over a spaghetti commercial.

“And so we need a woman's perspective. Any thoughts?” Pam glanced out to where Angela was sitting, before looking back to Dwight. She looked down thoughtdully before looking up with a slow smile.

As she began to speak Jim was in awe of the brilliance of his wife. Yes. That was perfect.

Dwight stared intently at Pam as she unveiled her idea. It was simple.

It wasn't too flashy.

It was most definitely not whorish.

It was perfect.
Chapter End Notes:
Please review this short little story!

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans