- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
These bits and pieces were bouncing around in my head, waiting for a story to call home. I decided to offer them as disconnected moments, just for entertainment’s sake. (I reserve the right to plagiarize myself, should any future story need a little something.) All contain varying degrees of JAM steam, because I feel it’s my civic duty. This is the first of four (I think.)

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Liz 

Jim called at around ten o’clock to say he was running late. Josh and the new client were just ordering another round of after dinner drinks, and it looked like it might be a while. Then there was the long drive back.

 

‘I feel trapped,’ he said wearily. ‘I would have taken my own car if I’d known it was going to go this late.’

 

‘You must be exhausted, it’s been such a long day.’ The last time Pam had seen him had been at five that morning. In the shower. He’d been considerably more energetic than he now sounded.

 

‘Do you still want me to come to your place when I get back?’ he asked. ‘I have the key with me, but it’ll probably be after midnight.’

 

‘You’d better,’ she answered decisively.

 

This was the right answer. The thought of returning to Pam later was the only thing keeping him going by that hour. And the truth was, he really couldn’t sleep without her anymore. He didn’t know what to do with his legs if they weren’t intertwined with hers. He couldn’t find a comfortable place for his hands if she wasn’t there to hold. Every creak and street noise was magnified without the lulling sound of her breath against his neck. It was remarkable how quickly his own bed had become a foreign place where he could never quite relax.

 

After Jim’s call, Pam ran a bath and settled into it with a large glass of wine. It was as if there was a current running through her that was finely tuned to the sound of his voice, even over the phone. It set off a muted, but insistent vibration that pervaded her body as she anticipated his arrival. Pam vaguely remembered her giddiness waiting for Roy to pick her up for a date when they’d first met. But she’d only been a girl then. When that feeling had faded, nothing had ever really taken root in its place. This tremor was something entirely different.  When she heard someone talk about feeling like a woman, it used to strike her as silly and melodramatic. Her recent evolution had taught her otherwise.

 

After her bath, Pam put on her cream-colored nightgown. The fabric was thin and satiny and it was cut like a slip that Elizabeth Taylor might have worn in an old late-night movie. It was a complete departure from the flannels and t-shirts she’d always worn to bed before. When she’d bought it, to celebrate their one-month anniversary, she’d pointed out the cinematic reference to Jim. He’d then spent an entire week calling her ‘Liz.’ Everyone at work found this very puzzling, but it had sent a jolt through her and made her blush every time he said it.  And then go home and put it on for him. He knew what he was doing.

 

After she slipped into the gown, Pam put on a pair of panties, then, on impulse, took them off again. She smiled to herself, feeling just the slightest bit scandalous. She couldn’t remember ever going to bed in a nightgown with nothing underneath it in all her years with Roy and he probably wouldn’t have noticed if had. Jim would notice. Undoubtedly.

 

Pam got into bed to read, intending to wait up for Jim. But between the wine, the hot bath and the pre-dawn start she’d had that day, sleepiness overcame her within minutes. She switched off the lamp, pretty sure he’d wake her when he got there. He was not very good at keeping his hands to himself, especially when Liz made a cameo appearance.

 

When Jim tiptoed into the dark apartment at one in the morning, he took off his shoes and went directly to the bedroom. It was illuminated only by the glow from the streetlights and it took a few moments for his eyes to adjust. Pam came gradually, exquisitely into focus. She was asleep on her side facing him, the sheet at her waist, a glint of light bouncing off the shiny fabric of the nightgown that drove him crazy. The thin strap had fallen off her shoulder, taking the top edge of the gown down with it, so that the lace didn’t quite cover her breasts. He stood and stared at her for a full minute. He was incredibly glad she’d told him to come directly to her place.

 

Taking off everything but his boxer shorts as quickly and soundlessly as he could, he brushed his teeth and slipped into bed behind her. As his weight settled on the bed, she murmured something and shifted slightly, but didn’t wake up. He gently sidled up so that he was spooning her, his arm draped over her waist, his face nuzzled into her hair. The world, his entire day, instantly disappeared. There was only the satin of her gown against his skin. The vaguely floral smell of her neck. The way the swell of her bottom was pressed against him in precisely the right spot.

 

As he pulled her closer, Pam began to stir a little. She wasn’t quite asleep, not quite awake. Either way, she was enveloped in warmth. She reached down and put her hand over his, guiding it up to her breast. He spread his fingers to cup it in his hand, pushing aside the remaining bit of lace, exhaling in a faint groan as he felt her nipple harden against his palm.

 

‘Mmmm…,’ she whispered sleepily, ‘is that you, Jim?’

 

He laughed quietly and gently bit the back of her neck, ‘Were you expecting someone else?’

 

She turned languidly in his arms so that she was facing him. ‘Hey,’ she smiled, her eyes still only half open.

 

He leaned in and kissed her, running his hand from her shoulder, over her breasts, down to her upper thigh, where her nightgown was bunched. She lazily tangled her fingers in his hair, as their tongues slowly and sensually glided along each other. Reaching around and sliding his hand under her nightgown, his breath caught tremulously in his throat. He’d noticed. 

 

‘Wow...hello to you too,’ he said huskily, pulling back from her mouth and gazing adoringly at her the way he did when he found something she’d done truly amazing.

 

There was something extraordinarily erotic to Jim about moments like this with Pam, partly because it was in such contrast to the demure presence she showed the world. It was also because almost everything about her inflamed him. Years of pent up fuel had rendered him highly ignitable at much less provocation than his fingers discovering soft, warm, wet skin where he hadn't expected to find it. She’d teased him about this volatility more than once.

 

‘I hope you’re pleased, Pam,’ he’d responded. ‘You’ve put me at severe risk of spontaneous combustion.’

 

She’d laughed and told him she was more than happy to live with the consequences. Even if it meant going up in flames with him.

 

‘I’m glad you're home,’ Pam whispered, pulling Jim back to her. She was wide awake now and feeling very Liz.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans