- Text Size +
Story Notes:
sadly i dont own jim or pam or the office :(
Author's Chapter Notes:
Lots of love to the fabulous beta Deedldee. Without her, this story would be a wreck. :)

:( I still don't own anything that has to do with The Office.
Pam could not believe she was doing this. She had actually just left Scranton to drive to New York. Finally, she was going to follow her dreams and work on her art. Pratt School of Design’s Graphic Design Program was what she was headed for.

When she was with Roy, she had always thought her dreams were silly and unreasonable. Roy was the one to make her think so. Now that she was Jim, her dreams were a big part of her life. She knew now that when you were with someone who actually loved you, they actually wanted you to be happy and follow your dreams.

That’s a big surprise, right? Pam thought to herself.

She couldn’t hold still, but unfortunately being in a car on the high way eliminates the possibility of running in circles. She was scared, excited, worried, sad, and happy all at the same time.

Scared, because she was starting college with twenty year olds who may or may not be but probably are way more talented then her.

Excited, because she was finally getting to live her dream.

Worried, because there was still that little voice in the back of her head saying, “You are going to fail. Don’t even try.”

Sad, because she was leaving Jim, the love of her life. She was leaving him for three months! They had never been apart for that long while they were dating.

What if he realizes that he isn’t willing to wait around for three month?... He wont, he loves you… Well, you never know he could, I mean, I’m not that great. She thought.

She tried to shake those depressing thoughts out of her mind when her cell phone rang. She grabbed it off of the dashboard and smiled when she saw who was calling.

“Hey” Pam said excitedly.

“Hi Beesly, You there yet?”

“Nope. Almost. I don’t know, I’m not really familiar with New York.” She sighed

“Wow, nice job. I’m going to laugh when you get lost” Jim chuckled.

“Ha-ha. Very funny.” Pam said as her previous thoughts came rushing back into her head.

What if he realizes that he isn’t willing to wait around for three months?... He wont, he loves you… Well, you never know, he could, I mean, I’m not that great. She sighed.

“What’s wrong?” he asked with concern.

“Nothing, I am just mad at myself for not knowing my way around New York.” She said, hoping he would buy it.

“That was a joke, right? Pam, I know you better than that. Now tell me what’s really wrong.”

She should have known he would notice she was lying. “Jim, you won’t leave me when I’m in New York because you realize that I’m not great enough for you to wait around for three months right?” Pam said biting her lip. Not because she thought the question was stupid, but because she was just afraid of the answer.

Jim just laughed. “Oh my god” he said and laughed some more. “You can’t be serious.”

“Uhm…yeah I kind of am.” She mumbled into the phone.

Right as she finished, the laughing on the other line stopped. “How could you ever think that? I would never leave you. Pam, I love you so much it feels like my heart is going to burst.” He said.

She let out a sigh of relief at his answer. “I love you too. Thanks.”

“No, you don’t ever have to thank me. I should be thanking you. Now, I don’t want you driving off the road because you’re talking to your boyfriend on the phone. Just call me when you get there.”

“Alright, I will; and I love you. Bye.”

“Bye.”

Then the line went dead.

Well, now that I got that cleared up, I can focus on getting to Pratt.

Twenty minutes later she pulled into the parking lot. She grabbed her boxes full of some clothes, toothbrush, cell phone charger, and other miscellaneous objects she thought she might need, out of her car. She got to the front desk and got her key. Here, she would be the Resident Advisor, so before getting to her room, she needed to fill out some paperwork. It was around seven by the time she got in the door to her room.

Wow, I feel like I am in college again. Oh wait, I am. This bed is meant for a teenager! Oh gosh, how will I ever survive! She thought, as she looked around the jail cell sized room.

It was nearly ten when she collapsed on her bed, fully expecting to fall asleep in a matter of minutes. OH MY GOD, JIM! Her mind screamed. She had completely forgotten to call him when she got in. He was probably waiting by the phone ready to call the police right about now. She picked up her phone only to realize it was dead.

Great. So if Jim had been calling, I wouldn’t know. Then, a thought popped into her head. Duh, you have a laptop. Just email him

To: JHalpert@yahoo.com
From: PBeesly@yahoo.com

Subject: I am alive don’t call the police!!

Jim,
I am so sorry times a billion. I got here and I haven’t stopped running around trying to make this room decent to live in. You would not believe the size of the bed. Then, I finally remembered and guess what? My phones dead. But, other than that, I got here without driving of the road and now I am going to try to sleep. I love you.
Pam.
P.s. I miss you already! Is that weird? I hope not.

She hit send and turned off her computer. Although she really wanted to hear his reply and talk to him all night, she knew she had to get to bed.

Tomorrow I have classes and God knows what that means. I have to get to bed now.

She was completely exhausted, but she didn’t sleep well. Always tossing and turning, she told herself it was the bed that made her so uncomfortable, but really, it was not being able to fall asleep in Jim’s arms.

He paced in front of his bed, cell phone in hand, awaiting the call that was supposed to come three hours ago. Horrible thoughts had been creeping in his mind all day long. They were the type of thoughts that he had to push out of his mind before he started to have a breakdown. Just as another thought crept in, his laptop dinged.

“One new message” it dully stated, but that was enough for Jim to nearly fly across the room to reach it.

Please be Pam. Please be Pam. Please be Pam. Please be Pam. Screamed his mind.
He nearly fell off the bed when he realized that it really was from her. As he read the message, relief washed over the worried expression on his face.

To: PBeesly@yahoo.com
From: JHalpert@yahoo.com

Subject: RE: I am alive don’t call the police!!

Pam,
I am glad that you finally decided that I was important enough to call with news that you are indeed alive. Charge your phone!
Some people would say that it is weird that you miss me already. I miss you too. So if you are weird, then so am I. I think we should be weird together.
Love Jim.

He thought that since he knew she was okay and he was really tired, he would be able to sleep.

Boy, was he wrong.
Chapter End Notes:
please review :) next chapter should be up soon

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans