- Text Size +
So this is a little different. It’s basically the product of me listening to Taylor Swift’s new CD on repeat for the past week. I realized after I wrote it that this is a lot like a chapter of a story called A Little Night Music by Sweetpea that I absolutely adore, and I would highly recommend browsing through. Most of these are totally from my head, while some are throwbacks to my favorite rom-coms, stories I’ve read, episodes of Reba, etc.
I own nothing!



She fell in love with his smile first. He opens car doors for her and always locks it so she won’t fall out. She likes to play with the hair at the nape of his neck when they go to the movies. He sometimes jumps in the shower with her to “conserve water”. When he’s sick he likes to sleep with his head on her chest and she lets him. Sometimes when its cold outside he pokes her cheeks just to watch them go pink again. She likes to watch him mow the lawn, but he pretends he doesn’t see her in the window. She sometimes wears this black dress with no back that drives him crazy, and she knows it too. When there’s a thunderstorm she pretends she isn’t scared but clutches his shirt until it’s stretched out in little clusters. He likes to go with her everywhere in the grocery store and hold her hand, even though it would be faster to separate. Her skin has tiny freckles all over. When he smiles his eyes crinkle just a little bit and she can picture him in fifty years smiling just like that. At 11:11 she always runs to kiss him. They sometimes dress in matching colors without meaning to. He isn’t very handy, and that’s ok. He’ll only help her scrapbook if they watch Die Hard at the same time. She once caught him sleeping in his backyard and the green of the grass when he felt her above him didn’t do justice to his eyes. The proposal kicked his ass too. After the wet, humid car sex they went to IHOP and had an engagement brunch. He wanted to take her to the city, but she said this was better and it was. Once in a while they play scrabble at dinner and she pretends to not know words so that he doesn’t have to lose by that much. Her hair smells like strawberries and daffodils. He holds a pillow if she’s not in bed yet, and then she’ll come in and quietly pull it away and lie down in his arms. Her hair is always so soft. He likes to pick her up while she’s washing dishes. Sometimes she’ll come home from the gym and he can’t resist her skin all pink and dewy. He makes the best lasagna in the world, but don’t tell her grandma that. She wants to get married under a willow tree, like the one in Pocahontas. When she’s painting he silently brings her tea and then leaves because he knows she just needs quiet and tea. He’s the cutest drunk she’s ever seen. When he sees her walking down the aisle in that white dress he feels his heart murmur in a really-should-call-a-doctor-but-it-will-just-have-to-wait kind of way. She’ll kiss every part of him, but won’t share her toothbrush. He likes to call her by her new full name even when they say goodnight. His Irish accent is spot on. She likes to invent recipes and he pretends to love them every time. Except for “Big Tuna Casserole”. When he wakes up in the morning the first thing he says is “love you” because it’s the first thing on his mind. They once got those cheap photo booth photos and accidentally made out in every single one. He reaches things that are high up without her having to ask. If it’s a boy, she wants to name it after him. He likes to rub her belly three times and pretend to make wishes. If it’s hot out he still cuddles up to her at night. She sweeps and he holds the dustpan, every time. He’ll never stop calling her Beesly. When their daughter is born he kisses her forehead and thanks God because he really could not watch her hurt for one more second.

They both have him wrapped around their fingers from day one.



Note: I hope you enjoyed it as much as I had fun thinking things up! I’d love some feedback 


Nadienne is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Happenings also liked 1574 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans