- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here it is, my first fanfic. I don't consider myself a writer, but I thought I'd give it a try because I have all these ideas floating around in my head. I didn't use a beta because I want to get opinions on my own writing. If you like it and I decide to write more fic, I'll find a beta!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
They walk out of the office hand in hand at the end of the day. Maybe it’s the left over effects of watching two other people find true love or maybe it’s from rehashing their own engagement earlier in the day, but they felt like they were the ones who got engaged today.

They are making the ten minute drive from Dunder Mifflin to Cece’s daycare. Today is one of those days where Pam’s mom can’t take care of her precious granddaughter and they are forced to leave her in daycare.

Jim is quiet most of the drive, which is very much unlike him. Their drives after work are usually their time to rehash the insanity of the day, but tonight, Jim is quiet. Pam thinks maybe he’s still processing Michael’s announcement that he’s packing up and moving across country. As much as Michael drives them both crazy most of the time, she is sure they will both miss him. Still, she didn’t think her husband would be that effected by Michael’s departure.

They pick up their adorable daughter from daycare and arrive home. Most of their nights are exactly the same. They get home, throw something together quickly for dinner and then the 3 of them eat dinner together. They alternate giving Cece a bath while the other cleans up dinner. After the baby is in bed, they settle on the couch together for some TV and then are usually in bed fairly early.

Tonight, it’s Jim’s turn to get Cece bathed and into bed and when he comes back into the living room, Pam notices he has changed his clothing.

“I don’t know where it came from,” he says, “But suddenly she is obsessed with splashing. I was soaked and she thought it was hilarious.”

Pam lets out a snicker, “Yeah, but getting soaked is worth hearing that adorable laugh.”

“I guess you’re right,” Jim chuckles.

“Hey, can I ask you something?” he continues, his tone becoming more serious.

“Hmmm,” she responds, lowering the volume on the TV.

“Do you ever wish I had done it differently?” he asks, his voice somber.

“Done what differently?” He can see that Pam has no idea what he is talking about.

“Uhh, the engagement,” his voice falters and it comes out barely a whisper.

“Is that what has been bothering you tonight?” she asks, now turning the TV off.

“I mean, I guess. I had always thought it was so perfectly us. Even today when Michael was chastising the location and the weather, I didn’t think much of it. But, when we were in the parking lot earlier, I couldn’t help but to think about the engagement I had planned before Andy ruined it,” he says without taking a breath.

Pam scoots closer to her husband and places a soft kiss on his cheek, “I never want you to think like that again,” she whispers in his ear, “If I didn’t think it was perfect, I wouldn’t have said yes. Okay, I probably would have still said yes, but the point is that it doesn’t matter how or where you proposed, just that it was you. You could have asked me to marry you in a garbage dump that was on fire during a blizzard and I still would have said yes. I just wanted you to be my fiancé.”

A slow smiles creeps across his face, an adorable smile that Pam can never resist. “I guess I can live with that, then,” he says and plants a soft kiss on her lips.

He’s about to pull away when she pulls him back and kisses him again. It’s the type of kiss that leads to other things and before long they are both breathless. Pam takes him by the hand and starts to lead him to their bedroom.

“You okay now?” she asks quietly, as to not wake up their sleeping baby.

“More than okay,” he says as he picks her up and carries her the rest of way to their bedroom.

That night, they went to bed early, but didn’t actually go to sleep until much later. They were exhausted the next day at work, but it was so perfectly them.
Chapter End Notes:
So there it is! Please review and be brutally honest, I can take it!


BluetimesTwo is the author of 6 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 8 members. Members who liked Perfectly Them also liked 1932 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans