- Text Size +
Story Notes:

Hello kiddies! This is different. This is a little peek into Cece's head on a very important day. Why I am writing this when I should be studying for finals, I don't know - but you better enjoy! :)

Author's Chapter Notes:

missed you all! let me know what you think!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

Mommy is wearing her high heels.

Not the pointy ones I love but the baby ones, and black which is an ugly color but I still like to wear them all the time even though Mommy says be careful because I might fall down stairs but that's silly, I can't even right now because she is wearing them which means the babysitter is coming and anyway I like the tall tall ones better.

Hopefully it's Anna, who is my favorite. Mommy is clumping everywhere around the kitchen like a snail. On the floor I am finding a lazybug and 4 crayons, not pink that's sad, and lots of dirt and a Cheeto, which I do not eat because that's yuck. Not the cheeto – just because it's on the floor! I put the crayons in my zipper pocket for later and see if the lazybug is alive or sleeping, like dead, he's all crunchy and his legs are curled up so he's probably sleeping, which might mean dead but who knows how long ladybugs have to take naps? I'm too old for naps, naps are for babies, which is what I was when I was three but now I'm four, NOT a baby. I put the lazybug asleep in my pocket too.

“Pam!” Daddy calls downstairs. “Did you remember to make reservations?”

“I thought you...” Mommy says by the stove and she makes a big breath. “I'll call!”

Reservations is like fancy dinner.

“Cece,” Mommy says. “Come eat.”

She has down my plate with the seashell princesses all dancing around and the best spoon who we named Mr. Blue because he's blue of course and my cup with the sparkles inside of water but really in the cup there's milk. I spin around to make myself dizzy but no one is hungry here and on the way of my circles I run into Mommy who catches me in her net and kisses my head.

I have to gasp a little and say, “Mommy, sorry sorry!” because I bumped her belly which is Not Safe. Mommy is really big which means pregnant which means I get a little sister soon! Like a Christmas present sort of. Daddy says it might be a brother too but too bad because I know it's a sister, I decided and I've already named her Lollipop Daisy, the most beautiful name ever. Pregnant also means I can't jump on Mommy because I might squish the present, my sister.

But Mommy just says, “Come on, silly bean. Mac n Cheese time.”

I smell her flowery neck as she helps me into my chair and on the plate there's yummy Mac Cheese and delish bites which are really peas but Daddy calls them that so I'll like them but I don't and also some applesauce surprise which is with cinnamon.

Mommy is doing dishes and then she stops for a while and puts her hand on her back and makes a squishy face and I wonder why.

“Mommy?”

She looks up normal and clops to me. “Eat your peas, honey.”

“Delish bites!”

“Right. Delish bites.”

She is wearing her dangly earrings I love and her hair isn't in a pigtail which I also know means babysitter. I can't wait for Anna because I made five new drawings on the fridge of unicorns and a flower and a bear and Mommy all big.

After my food I check lazybug, who is asleep and then I decide to play store, which is where I go to my cash box in the living room next to the big plant and Mommy and Daddy come in and give me pennies. So far I have lots of them. Once Gramma gave me a dollar which is like lots of pennies, that's cool.

“Mommy!” I ding my register lots of time. “The store is open!”

Mommy is in the bathroom with the door closed and I hear her say with her voice all muffly, “Not now, sweetie. Why don't you go make your bed for Anna?”

I ding my register more times.

Now Daddy comes downstairs. He is wearing a tie which means fancy and his hair is shiny. He is still tying a knot on his neck. He knocks on the bathroom door and sticks his head in and says “did she eat?” which means me so now I have to tackle him of course!

“Daddy daddy daddy! Come play store!”

“Open for business? On a Friday evening? No way!”

“Yes way.”

“How did you know I was out of toilet paper?” He lifts me up high high and blows a berry on my face so I have to squeal.

“Ewwwww gross! Daddy has a dirty butt!”

“Eww, no!”

Mommy says, “Jim,” very soft and Daddy puts me down.

“Cece, I think you're missing some customers.”

He goes by Mommy who is sitting on the toilet closed. He says, “Pam? Hon. Everything okay?”

They are all whispery and Daddy hugs Mommy and touches her a lot and seriously, this is impatient.

“Daddy come awwwn!”

”You're sure?” he says and Mommy nods.

“Well,” Daddy breathes out really big. “At least the sitter's already coming.”

“Dadddddddy!”

Daddy turns to me and gets down. “Baby d'you think Mr. Bear and Fefe and the whole gang would want to be customers? Can you go play for a little bit?”

He is holding my arm and still touching Mommy's knee. I look at Mommy on the toilet and she is playing with a roll of toilet paper and she looks like her face is wet.

“Mommy?” I peek over Daddy's shoulder. “Is Mommy okay?”

“I'm fine, honey. Can you please go get ready for Anna? Be a big girl for me?”

“No,” I say. “No, I want to stay with you.”

“Everything's fine sweetheart,” she says and then she takes a lot of big breaths and bends the roll with her hands like I'm not supposed to do.

“Jim? Could you...?” and Daddy scoops me up and says, “Come on, CeeBee” and I say what what what Daddy what, what's wrong with Mommy? And Daddy takes the phone and dials and talks and gets me a popsicle and then he sets me on the counter and says, “Cece. The baby might be ready, so remember what we talked about?”

“My sister?”

Daddy says yes.

“Are you still having fancy dinner?”

Daddy says no.

“Is Anna still coming?”

“Yep, and honey, here's what I need you to do. Can you go play while I help Mommy and we wait for Anna?”

I lick my grape. “But I want to be with you,” I say because I'm kind of scared and Daddy says, “We're right here and we won't leave I promise until Anna comes.” But I still bring my horsies and Mr. Bear right outside the bathroom door next to the hallway.

My popsicle is drippy but no one yells at me.

Daddy is running around upstairs and then downstairs and he gets a cup of water for Mommy out of my mug with the crayons which is dumb but I don't say anything and he talks on the phone every minute and says shit and then says sorry, Bug and trips over my horse and says shit again but Twinkle isn't hurt, she's brave.

Mommy comes out of the bathroom holding her belly and I hug her on the leg and she says I am being very brave. Daddy tries to help her to the couch but she says I'm fine but then she breaths a lot again.

“Did Anna answer?”

“Not yet. The car's ready.”

I stand by the couch and watch Mommy.

“Mommy is my sister here?”

“Not yet, thank god.” Mommy holds out her hand and I snuggle by her. She does waterfall with my hair by putting her fingers through it.

“Cece, I'm so proud of you. You're being so great.”

“Are you having booboos?”

“A little bit, yes.”

“You want a Dora Band-Aid?”

Mommy laughs. She is all sweaty. “No, baby.”

Daddy is back. He looks what Mommy calls frazzle. He rubs a hand on Mommy's head and says, “okay, babe?”

And she says, “trying to be.”

“Cece, honey, careful, give Mommy some space.”

“Daddy. I'm playing horses. Let's play.”

“Babes.” He picks me up again. The doorbell rings.

“Thank you,” Daddy says quiet but I can hear.

“Anna!” I yell because I can't help it and Daddy opens the door.

“I tried calling but there was no answer,” he says as he lets her in. “Pam's in a lot of pain and we're not sure what it is so we're going to the hospital. She's almost nine months but...anyway, could you just stay indefinitely for now and I'll call with plans in a bit?”

Daddy's already moving towards Mommy's couch. I hug Anna, who is old and pretty and wears pigtails and has blonde hair like me. I want to put pigtails in now so we can be twins.

“Oh, yeah totally,” she says. “Wow, I'm sorry, I had no idea.”

Daddy is helping Mommy, he's holding her hand and her back too and Mommy is barefoot. She is still wearing fancy blue dress.

“Thank you so much, Anna,” he says and he says to Mommy,” All right?” and she nods and they're almost out the door but Mommy says, “Be good, baby, we love you.” Daddy winks at me and then the door is closed and it's me and Anna, who I like but not really right now. Anna is asking me what I want to do but now I want Mommy and Daddy and I go to the bathroom where Mommy's heels are and I put them on, they're too big and I'm scared and I'm not a baby but I have to, I start to cry.

Chapter End Notes:
first series, what! tell me whatcha think. Keep going?

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans