- Text Size +
Story Notes:
I always hate to see talent wasted and Jim is a case study in exactly that.
Author's Chapter Notes:
Bonus point to spotting the episode callback to the grammar question raised.

Mild Spoilers through "Garden Party"
Missing by Labhub

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
To: Bob Errington, Editor in Chief, Scholastic Publishing Group

From: Barbara Tuchman, Acquisitions Editor

RE: “The Ultimate Guide to Throwing A Garden Party” by James Trickington
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
Bob:
As per your request, I managed to finally locate the only existing copy of this elusive book (please see attached expense voucher for $50, which is what it cost me to view this copy from a Mr. D. Schrute of Scranton, PA).

As we suspected from the title, the book is a terrific example of tongue in cheek humor and the author displays a talent for writing comedy that makes me wonder if he or she is actually a professional writer by trade and did this book as a prank on a friend.

Unfortunately, I don’t think we’ll ever know. I spent the better part of three days trying to track down whomever (whoever?) wrote this little gem of a book and had no luck. I had hoped that Mr. Schrute would provide us with a lead, but not only was he no help, he actually only “rented” the book to me for an hour, saying he would never let it out of his possession (I think he thinks this is a serious “how to” book!).

At any rate, given the ease of self-publishing these days, the author could literally be anyone. So, although I agree that whoever (whomever?) wrote this would have made an excellent addition to our list of authors and has a future as a writer, I think this is hopeless and don’t think we can get any further with this. I can only hope the real author is actually a practicing writer and is not wasting away in some dead-end career…

Sincerely,

Barbara.

PS. On a more positive note, I did find a new paper supplier for us that I think we will be a real improvement over the big chains. Expect to get a call early next week from a salesman named Jim Halpert, who will be our main point of contact. Great guy with a lovely wife and a new kid on the way, so he cut us a good deal on paper supplies.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans