- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

Just a teeny tiny little drabble following "Initiation," based on my feuding feelings about who to ship Jim with.  It sucks.

Jim know's exactly what's happening,when she suggests that they switch the squeaky chair for Andy's without a word from him.  He knows, and he doesn't even feel guilty about it.

Until Pam answers the phone.  Her "Oh my god" stops his heart, and her "Hi" breaks it.

They talk for almost an hour, and when he sees Karen's deak as he leaves the office, he feels sick to his stomach.

He knew exaclty what was happening, and he didn't even care.  And he's a terrible person for it.  Because he knows that Pam's it.  She's it.  And just because Karen is smart and witty and really attractive - Jim won't pretend he hasn't thought about her outside of the office (a lot, if he's being particularly honest with himself) - that's no reason to just forget about his real partner in crime, the real deal, the one.

And the next day, when Karen smiles at him over the rim of her mug of morning coffee, he frowns at the flutters in his stomach and his chest and tries to ignore the grin he's fighting, because it's wrong.  This wasn't how it was supposed to be.

It's all wrong.



captainoats is the author of 5 other stories.



You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans