- Text Size +
Story Notes:
The rating and warnings are currently low, but that is subject to changed depending on where I decide to take the story.


Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

She hears his familiar “hey” as he digs his hand into the jelly bean jar for the fourth time that day. A jar that she keeps just for him, not that she’d ever say so. She use to provide a variety of flavors, but after many instances of him picking out all the green apple ones, she decided to limited her selection to green apple and green apple only. As he pops one into his mouth she can’t help but let her eyes linger on him a bit. She shouldn’t, she knows that, but there has always been something about him that screams her name. No matter how hard she tries to ignore it. He returns the gaze, and for a moment the activity of their mundane work place seems to fade away into the background. Suddenly the guilt hits her, and as if practiced she reaches to adjust the ring that gleams on her left hand. Just like that the moment is over faster than it began and he returns to his desk without another word. She can’t help but wonder if Roy ever feels like this towards another woman, as if drawn to them. She quickly pushed the thought from her mind.
Of course he doesn’t, and neither do you.

He told himself for years that he would never become ‘that guy.’ The guy you see in movies who pines hopelessly for years after some girl he doesn’t have any chance with. Sure, the lucky nerd or hopeless jock always got her in the end, but his life was no movie. This was real life, and real life was a far cry from a cliche 80s film. And Jim’s was the kind of real life where you have to watch the girl you’re hopelessly in love with every day as she plans her wedding to a man who isn’t you. A man who could never love her the way you do. If given the chance he could prove it to her. But it was much too late, no matter what Michael said. No, his life story would never become a top seller in the box office. No one wants to hear about the guy who didn’t get the girl. He wonders if she can feel his eyes hot on her as she giggles with Kelly about placemats or something else that makes his blood boil. He hates feeling all this anger towards her, but the pain in his heart is too much. The restless sleep is too much. She’s too much. After he finally manages to tear his eyes away from her he attempts his work. But the numbers and lines on Excel all seem to merge into one blurred line and he can’t get his thoughts away from her. Her smile, her hair, and how she always smells of mint.
I’m going crazy.

Chapter End Notes:
Please let me know what you think! This is only my 2nd Office fanfiction so all constructive criticism is welcome!


beeslys is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Glances also liked 1048 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans