- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: I don’t own the office. I wish I were that creative.
A/N- So this is my first fanfiction ever. You have to be very very nice. I would love helpful pointers, but mean reviews would make me cry. So for the sake of an anonymous Jam fan… be nice.
Set right after Pam’s speech in Beach Games
To say that Pam was proud of herself would be an understatement. This was the most courageous thing she had done since she called off her wedding. All of her coworkers were staring up at her in shock, and if she had a little less self control, she would be giggling from the adrenaline rush. Gone was the old Beesley. If Jim could evolve, so could she. Her feet had started to hurt from the coal walk, but she didn’t want to dip her feet in water yet. She wanted to hold onto this moment for a little longer. Pam glanced around the circle and rested her gaze on Jim.
Jim looked pained. That’s the only word that she could think of to describe those wide eyes and crinkles on his forehead. He was looking at her as if she had just punched him in the stomach. His eyes were practically boring into her soul, begging for the answers she couldn’t give him.
While Pam was focused on Jim, she was completely oblivious to the rest of the circle. Pam knew that Karen, Jim’s girlfriend, was observing this silent interaction, but she just didn’t care. Pam had finally confessed her feelings to the man she loves. No more miscommunication. No more dancing around the subject. No more joking their way out of it. After all these years, Pam was finally going to have a real conversation with Jim Halpert about their relationship.
This was why Pam didn’t notice Karen rising to her feet. She didn’t detect the pure rage and confusion in Karen’s eyes, and she most definitely did not see Karen’s fist headed straight for her face.
***
“Pam!” Twelve voices screamed at once, but one hysterical shout soared above the rest.
***
When Pam regained her senses a few moments after the fact, she could only concentrate on the searing pain on the left side of her face. She was lying on someone’s lap as that someone cradled her head, and a few yards away, Dwight was holding Karen back by her hair as she lunged at Pam again and again. Karen’s eyes were full of angry tears, and she was screaming incoherently.
She noticed that most of the circle still hadn’t reacted. They were just watching with mouths agape.
Michael, however, was jumping up and down yelling, “Cat fight!”
“He’s just like a little kid at Christmas” Pam thought absentmindedly.
“Oh, shit.”
The wound on Pam’s face became harder to ignore, and the stinging brought tears to her eyes.
Something dripped onto Pam’s forehead. She looked up to find Jim with puffy eyes and tears streaming down his face. He was mumbling comforting words into her hair.
“Oh Pam. Oh Pam, I’m so so sorry. I’m so sorry. Shh, Pam... It’ll all be okay. It’ll be okay, Pam.”
Pam wiped away one of Jim’s tears and gently held his face. She noticed his eyes dart to her lips and realized that this was her chance to show Jim how she felt. This was her shot. Sure, the situation wasn’t perfect. Pam had never dreamt that the entire office would be there as witness, but she was going to kiss Jim and that was all that mattered.
Pam slowly sat up to move her face closer to Jim’s. She rested her forehead against his, and gave him a look as if to ask, “Is this okay?” Jim ran his fingers into Pam’s hair, closed his eyes, and crashed his lips into hers.
Pam didn’t even feel the pulsing ache in her cheek, and neither Pam nor Jim heard Karen’s piercing screech.
***
Chapter End Notes:
So uh I’ll write more if you think I should.
Thanks to Shane for encouraging me to post this! Love you.


PamelamaJimbo is the author of 1 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Beach Fight also liked 1626 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans