- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.
“It doesn't have to be much, you know? Just a little something that shows how you feel about that person.” Pam looked away from the camera as she ranted.

It was the end of the day. February 14th, Valentine's Day. Every time she heard the office door open, she looked up expectedly, and frowned whenever she saw yet another bouquet for Phyllis. When the big teddy bear walked in she felt like grabbing it and stabbing it to shreds with her pen.

Whenever she looked at Jim, he seemed to look away really fast, as if he felt guilty about something. She rolled her eyes every time, trying to distract herself with work. That usually only worked for about ten minutes before she was hit with a wave of boredom yet again.

“Maybe Roy has something planned for tonight.” Pam told herself out loud, the gentle whirring of the video cameras making her head hurt.

After she was done with her last confessional for the day, she sat at her desk watching everyone leave. She grinned evilly at Phyllis carrying the huge stuffed animal on her back, shuffling towards the door. Her grin faded when she watched Jim wave, say goodbye and walk out the door.

Standing up, her lips pressed together in a thin line, she picked up her purse, grabbed her coat off the rack and stomped out of the office.

Down in her car, she tried to press away tears that were making her eyes blur while she looked for her keys. Groaning in frustration, her hand felt a thin card stuck to the inside of the bag. She sniffled, and opened the bag wider to take out the card.

It was a pink envelope, with the word “Pam” written neatly on the front. She wiped at a stray tear on her cheek and quickly opened it.

Pulling out the card, she saw something small and shiny fall out and into her lap. She picked it up and inspected it closely. Her mouth widened into a grin.

Her fingers held a small cupcake pendant on a thin wire string surrounded by white plastic beads, with light purple beads scattered here and there. The cupcake was made to look like it was white cake, with white frosting and rainbow sprinkles. The paper cup was colored a soft lilac, one of her favorite colors.

Her smile increased as she unclasped the necklace and put it on. She looked down into the side mirror to see how it looked. She giggled and couldn't wait to thank Roy.

She remembered the card and hurried to open it. Her smile left her face as she read.

'Sorry it's not much, ya know I'm not rich. :)
Hope you like it, white cupcakes with vanilla frosting and rainbow sprinkles are you're favorite, right?

Jim.'

Her eyes welled up with tears again as her hands dropped into her lap, and she leaned back in her seat.

“Yeah, they are Jim. Thanks for remembering.” She whispered to the air.


katrina87 is the author of 14 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Not Much also liked 872 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans