6 [Reviews - 9] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: One month after Casino Night, Pam gets a call from Jim's mother urging her to reconnect with him. Pam has an uneasy feeling that something is wrong with Jim.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Alternate Universe Characters: Jim/Pam
Genres: Angst, Romance, Hurt/Comfort
Warnings: Other Adult Theme
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: No
Word count: 9304 Read: 8305 ePub Downloads: 3
Published: June 17, 2017 Updated: November 21, 2017
[Report This]
Story Notes:

As Your Shoulders Turn On You is an album by the band The Cast Before the Break about the thoughts of a man in a coma after a tragic car accident.  While I won't be using that concept as a basis for this story, I'll be using the musical themes and some lyrical content as inspiration.

There will be 8 chapters - a Prologue, an Epilogue, and one chapter for each song on the album.  

I'd recommend listening to the corresponding song for each album chapter.  You can listen to the album here (or on spotify, google play music, etc).  https://youtu.be/tfv3M_VW4RE?list=PLoBeLh1q4ixF2ekO1uEosGAmGG8d9Vxsp

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

 

1. Prologue by Synaptic [Reviews - 4] 1 (975 words)

 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

The post-Casino Night story has been told 10000 times, but we need to get our characters where they need to be for the story to really kick into gear.  

Jim's mom makes a surprising phone call to Pam, setting things in motion. 

2. Onward, Love by Synaptic [Reviews - 4] 2 (2827 words)

Jim and Pam begin long distance dating, but Jim is holding on to his secret.

 Track 1 - Onward, Love.   https://youtu.be/tfv3M_VW4RE

 

Same disclaimer applies 

3. From The Earth, At a Crossroad by Synaptic [Reviews - 0] (1733 words)

It's alive!  I moved across the country, started a new job, moved again, and my computer crashed.  But now that's all settled and I'll actually finish this.  

 The next 2 chapters are heavily influenced (and in some cases directly borrow from) the documentary "Dear Jack," about Andrew McMahon, a 22 year old musician who was diagnosed with Leukemia.  He was filming clips as he recorded his album and just kept filming after he was diagnosed. I encourage you to go out and buy it as I believe all the proceeds benefit his foundation, but you can also watch it here - https://vimeo.com/15611240

 

 Jim starts chemo and battles cancer.

 Track 2 - From The Earth, At a Crossroad.  https://youtu.be/lGoU8HFSITw

 

 

4. Agnosia by Synaptic [Reviews - 1] 1 (2304 words)

Jim's fight continues.

 Track 3 - Agnosia.  https://youtu.be/KY9_PWEzTG4 

5. Understanding the Universe by Synaptic [Reviews - 0] 2 (1465 words)

Timelines will start jumping around from this point forward.

Jim has a cancer scare.

Track 4 - Understanding the Universe.  https://youtu.be/ciEQWfBZhBo