- Text Size +
Story Notes:

This story represents my first foray into the world of fanfiction. Constructive criticism is sincerely appreciated! It's been a fluffy, hilarious, sweet, incredibly steamy journey. I don't enjoy angst, so don't expect it. 

I'm a latecomer to The Office. After watching Fun Run, I felt the story of Jim and Pam's first weekend together deserved to be told. This story is the culmination of a 2-week long passion project, during which time I lost untold hours of sleep and severely neglected my husband, cat, and day job. Please send help and, if at all possible, ham & cheese sandwiches. 

Thank you for reading!

Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.  

Author's Chapter Notes:

Getting their flirt on. 

I own nothing, particularly not John Krasinski. Rats. 

"Alright. Thennnn… it's a date."

Mere hours ago, those five words had turned Pam inside out, topsy turvy, helter skelter… all the clichés that did no manner of justice to the reality. She had driven home in a dazed rush… doubting, hoping, believing, smiling until it hurt.

In her bathroom, she wrapped up the finishing touches on her hairstyle and added a light coat of lip gloss. She had agonized over what to wear, finally settling on comfortable jeans and a red V-neck sweater she'd never worn to the office. Her underwear even matched her bra. Not that I'm expecting anything, god knows, she thought. But girl scouts prefer to be prepared. 

She slipped on a pair of red flats. Nothing left but to wait. She checked the time. Ten minutes to six. Sitting on her couch, she thought back to the instant messages they'd exchanged an hour ago.


pbee: Hey! :) Soo.

halpme: Hey! :) Sooo...

pbee: Where are we going?

halpme: Dinner :) Can I pick you up at 6?

pbee: As a great man once said, it's a date. Where to?

 

Jim smiled to himself. He hadn't thought that far ahead yet. He was far too busy reliving the fact that he'd gathered up the courage to ask Pam on a date, and that she'd had the entirely unexpected inclination to agree.

 

halpme: It's a surprise.

pbee: Fair enough. What should I wear?

halpme: Clothing would be ideal.

halpme: Unless you're interested in the beet sacks in Dwight's trunk?

pbee: Maybe not on our FIRST date.

 

She heard Jim's snicker and smiled warmly at the back of his neck. It was surprisingly easy to add flirtation to their usual banter.

 

halpme: How dare you?

halpme: (Don't stop)

pbee: (Believing. Hold onto that feeeeeeling!)

halpme: (Please stop)

pbee: I'll stop if you tell me what to wear.

pbee: STREET LIGHTS! PEOPLE!

halpme: OMG stahp

halpme: That song will be in my head all night. :(

pbee: Throw me a frickin' bone here. Should I aim for like… Cooper's or Mcdonald's?

halpme: How about a happy medium? 

pbee: So, like a mullet?

halpme: Exactly. Fun on top, jeans on the bottom.

 

Pam giggled, thrilled that they had so easily slipped back into their familiar, joking cadence. He turned and bestowed her with his best crooked smile as he began packing up for the weekend.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans