- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Here is another installment, I'm thinking of doing one more. 

“That’s the last box, right?” Pam said to a panting Jim.
“Last big one, rest is just small stuff.”
“Would you please just let me help?”
“No.”
“Oh come on! I’m less than 3 months pregnant! I can carry a box of pots and pans!”
“One, small, box of something light, one.” Jim said as they started towards the stairs.

After a year and a half of dating, they had both agreed they needed a change of scenery, so the discussion started about moving into a new apartment together, which led to a proposal and then it turned into moving across the country together. They both agreed if they were to move they should move somewhere by the pacific ocean, because no matter the continent it was their place.

Pam hadn’t even known she was pregnant until she hurt herself at their goodbye/engagement party. The party had been a grand affair, with a particularly intense game of volleyball, and plenty of tearful and awkward speeches from Michael.

Jim had proposed just about a month before that, they had gone on a trip to the beach, it was the atlantic ocean in jersey but it did the trick. Jim had dragged her out of bed before sunrise, and they sat for awhile before Jim said, “Now close your eyes-”
“If I do that I think I might fall back asleep.”
“It’ll only be a second.” she complied, and he started to shift positions, “Now imagine we are at the pacific ocean, and it’s not 5:30 in the morning, now open them.”
She opened her eyes and gasped, there he was, down on one knee, “Pamela Morgan Beesly, will you marry me?”
“Yes!”
He placed the ring on her finger and they sat, Pam's head resting on Jim's shoulder, almost like they had nearly 2 years before.



Pan_cake_Cats is the author of 11 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 2 members. Members who liked Taking Chances also liked 1780 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans