- Text Size +
Story Notes:
Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended. 

Jim settled into bed with his phone and a dopey grin. She was his girlfriend. She had actually asked him to call her. It was so cute.

She answered on the first ring. "Hey, Jim!"

Like she'd been waiting by it, he mused happily. "Hey, Pam."

Smiling broadly, she said, "So let's say, hypothetically, that I miss you like crazy. Even though I only saw you three hours ago. Would that be A: pathetic? Or B: extremely pathetic?"

He smiled fondly. "C: Extremely, adorably pathetic. I missed you too."

"We're such dorks," she sighed. "Whatcha doing? I'm getting ready for bed."

He heard the smile in her voice. The sound of covers rustled in the background. "Just laid down myself, actually. I've got a big day planned tomorrow."

She asked excitedly, "Where are we going?"

"Well first, I have a big surprise. Next, a little bit of this and a little bit of that. And then, I was thinking I'd probably surprise you again."

"You suck. Can't I get one tiny hint?" she pleaded.

"Hmm…" he pretended to consider. "Nope. You'll just have to wait and see."

"I just stuck my tongue out at you." His answering chuckle made her smile. "I really can't wait, Jim. You always have the best surprises. At least tell me what I should wear?"

"It's supposed to be pretty hot. I was thinking shorts, maybe sandals?"

She pounced. "So we're going to be outside?"

He rolled his eyes with a smile. "At first."

"I win! That counts as a hint."

"Uh huh," he smiled.

She changed tacks. "Speaking of pretty hot… What are you wearing?"

He couldn't hold back a shocked laugh. "Who's flirting now?"

She rolled her eyes. "You love it."

He did. "You really wanna know?"

"Yes," she answered eagerly.

"Um. I'm wearing a sheet."

"Ooh... like a toga?" She grinned, knowing what he'd meant.

"Absolutely not like a toga," he murmured.

She laughed and turned onto her side. "Aren't you cold? I usually wear pajama pants and a long sleeved shirt to bed."

Usually? "Is that what you're wearing now?"

She giggled. "You caught me. I'm wearing a blanket."

He smiled deliciously, imagination running wild. Focus, he coached himself sternly. He fired back, "Aren't you cold?"

He heard more rustling. "Not anymore. I just put another blanket on top of my blanket. A sheet would never be enough."

Albeit in separate places, he couldn't believe she was naked and he was naked and they were talking about it. "I've always been a hot sleeper."

"I bet you are."

He cleared his throat, resisting the temptation to invite himself over to her apartment. It was hard. That's what she said, he thought ruefully. "So are you planning to sleep… like that?" More importantly, why are you telling me about it?

"Sure," she smiled coyly. "I dunno, I thought it'd be... good practice. For um... sleeping with you."

He couldn't hold back a delighted guffaw. "Beesly!"

In a sensual voice, she confessed, "I'm… really looking forward to that, you know."

Jim closed his eyes. Unbidden, graphic images flashed before him. He was unable to come up with a clever reply. "Wow." He bit back a groan with a great deal of effort, his hand sliding down under the sheet. He'd taken care of business when he'd arrived at home. That he would need to do so again had been a foregone conclusion since she'd asked what he was wearing. "I am now… thoroughly scandalized."

"Just being honest," she grinned, sliding her hand down beneath the blankets. "Today was good practice. I've never been allowed to flirt with you before."

He was harder than he'd been in months. "You're so good at it," he praised her.

She giggled as she began touching herself. His voice was turning her on beyond belief. "Thanks… I should… go. Got some stuff to… take care of."

"Yeah, take care of that… stuff," he breathed, stroking himself firmly. "11:30."

"Yeahh," she echoed breathily, rubbing softly. "It's gonna knock… our socks off."

"We're not… wearing socks. Bye, Pam."

"Bye," she whispered as they hung up. Recalling their conversation, she vividly pictured him beneath her eyelids.

Ten minutes later they were both spent, but wired. His phone vibrated with a new text message.

Pam: so glad you called

Jim: me too

Pam: I said I'd get you back ;)

Jim: oh?

Pam: I win

Jim: more of a tie really

His phone rang immediately. "I win," she declared as he picked up.

She sounded… relaxed, but breathless. Energized. Feeling more than a little smug, he reminded her, "Get it right, Beesly... we won."

She couldn't help grinning at the sound of his voice. It was deliciously deep, a bit slower than usual, tinged with satisfaction. "I admit no such thing. Stay up for awhile and keep me company?"

"Sure. For a little while. I need my beauty sleep." He'd set his alarm for an astoundingly early hour, given that tomorrow was Saturday.

She groaned. "You're too gorgeous as it is."

He smiled lazily, beyond pleased. "Not as cute as you."

"Wanna fight about it?" She giggled and pointed her toes, glowing all over. "I still have your picture frames in my backpack," she reminded him.

"Yeah, didn't have a chance to get them out." He rolled onto his side, stretching out. "Had to switch into camera mode."

"Mm-hmm," she agreed. "I can paint it tomorrow, if you want."

"Wait for me?" he asked. "I'd like to watch."

"I bet you would," she murmured.

"You know I would." he replied swiftly, a roguish smile stealing across his face.

Feeling almost swept away by his response, by her own daring, she bantered, "Gonna make a supersonic woman of me?"

She absolutely thrilled him. "That's why they call me Mister Fahrenheit."

They laughed together, then fell silent for a moment.

"Today was a good day," she whispered, smiling.

"The best," he agreed quietly.

Pam yawned loudly, tiredness stealing over her. "I'm actually getting tired now."

He caught her yawn and hugged a pillow to his chest, wishing he could wrap his arms around her instead. "Me too. I wonder why," he teased her softly. "All of a sudden. At the exact same time. So weird."

She smiled, heard his sheet rustling back up. She snuggled under the blankets, wishing he were spooned up behind her. "Must be the… game I won."

"We tied," he insisted drowsily. "Best game ever."

"Mm-hm. Sleep tight, Jim." She couldn't help but think how great they were going to be together.

We're gonna be so amazing together. "You too, Beesly."

 


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans