A Regency romance, JAM-style. Now complete.
Disclaimer: I don't own the Office at all.
Categories: Jim and Pam
, Alternate Universe Characters: Angela
4537 ePub Downloads:
March 10, 2018 Updated:
May 02, 2018
This is inspired by the works of Georgette Heyer, by Blackadder III, and by Lois McMaster Bujold's A Civil Campaign (though I doubt it will be as funny as the last two).
1. In Which a Gentleman is Pulled, Unsuspectingly, into an Orbit by Comfect [Reviews - 3] 4 (1190 words)
I'm back! I suppose, now that I'm Author of the Month (for which, copious thanks) I should provide some new content. So here we are. I may or may not update at my usual once a day schedule, but I hope to keep the action going. Let me know what you think of the premise, the writing, or whatever else.
2. In Which a Game Begins and an Introduction is Made by Comfect [Reviews - 2] 2 (1033 words)
I couldn't resist bringing in Dwight here.
3. In Which a Victory is Won by Comfect [Reviews - 2] 2 (1105 words)
I contemplated making this chapter just a mechanical description of several games of whist, but I thought that might not suit. So here's a quick game of whist and a following conversation.
4. In Which Jim Gathers Wool, and Pam Notices by Comfect [Reviews - 2] 3 (991 words)
Assume an interval of waltzing between these chapters, of indeterminate space.
5. In Which a First Impression is Made and Marred by Comfect [Reviews - 1] 1 (1910 words)
Hello everybody, it's angst o'clock! Or at least, the beginning of it. I apologize for taking a few days to get this up, but you'll find it's almost double my normal post length, as a consolation.
6. In Which Jim Drinks, and Meets an Old Friend by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1252 words)
7. In Which Observations are Made by Comfect [Reviews - 1] 1 (928 words)
As promised, Roy's view of Jim.
8. In Which Jim Eats Breakfast by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1258 words)
The morning after, in which we also meet Mark.
9. In Which the Mail Arrives by Comfect [Reviews - 2] 1 (941 words)
And now for a switch in POV midchapter! See if you can notice it ;).
10. In Which Shopping is Done by Comfect [Reviews - 0] 1 (948 words)
We'll get to the good JAM stuff soon I assure you, but first let us meet another of Miss Beesly's circle.
11. In Which Two Friends Chat by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1403 words)
Our first real experience of Mark awaits.
12. In Which Four People Meet in Hyde Park by Comfect [Reviews - 2] (1322 words)
13. In Which a Dessert is Almost, But Not Quite, Eaten by Comfect [Reviews - 1] (1191 words)
Let me know how you're feeling about the switches between perspectives here; I'm not sure about them.
14. In Which More Whist is Played by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1281 words)
I think the pace of the story may pick up from here on out, though not necessarily the pace of my posting.
15. In Which a Friendship Is Reluctantly Formed by Comfect [Reviews - 2] (1156 words)
It's Michael time!
16. In Which Judgements Are Passed by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1309 words)
By Jim and Pam, naturally.
17. In Which Another Party Is Considered by Comfect [Reviews - 1] (991 words)
Some background in the foreground.
18. In Which Habits Are Disrupted by Comfect [Reviews - 1] (1251 words)
And a prank is hatched.
19. In Which a Conspiracy is Hatched by Comfect [Reviews - 1] (1404 words)
Jim's perspective this time.
20. In Which Cricket and Not Cricket Occur by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1854 words)
I think you can guess which episode this might be based on.
21. In Which Pam Buys Paints by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (580 words)
Sorry for the delay and the short update. Trying to figure out exactly what the beats are in this story is more difficult than I expected.
22. In Which Mr. Howard Gets Advice by Comfect [Reviews - 2] (1220 words)
I must admit to mixing together moments from a variety of points in the Office's TV run for the sake of simulating the Regency novels which I am imitating; so I know Ryan + Kelly is a somewhat later and longer development, but here it is anyway.
23. In Which Two Gentlemen Begin an Association by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1168 words)
I think the plot will pick up from here on out--but not really until next chapter.
24. In Which the Incomparable Comes to Town by Comfect [Reviews - 1] (1859 words)
I have made Katy Michael's cousin, and thus a Scott, because as far as I could determine she had no last name in the show. They are not meant to be close cousins, and the idea of Michael pursuing her even to a minor degree would not have been considered inappropriate in the setting.
25. In Which a Lieutenant Buys a Bag by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1074 words)
And on to the next day!
26. In Which Jim Throws a Party by Comfect [Reviews - 1] (1539 words)
And now we will begin to veer away from canon order, if not canon events; this looks like Email Surveillance in this chapter, but there will be elements of Booze Cruise, elements of Casino Night, and my own elements mixed in.
27. In Which the Farce Begins by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (1436 words)
The chapter title is relevant, and will become increasingly so.
28. In Which Roy Makes a Cake by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (2376 words)
The wise among us will have noted the similarity of our storyline to certain elements of season two of the Office. While these elements are still present in this chapter, I believe you will find that we are truly now going AU, not merely in setting.
29. In Which Dwight Helps by Comfect [Reviews - 1] (2159 words)
This chapter owes a lot obviously to a number of Office episodes--but also to The Apartment.
30. In Which a Question is Answered by Comfect [Reviews - 2] (2319 words)
31. In Which Indecency is Discovered by Comfect [Reviews - 2] (679 words)
A short but sweet chapter to bridge a gap.
32. In Which Pam Delivers a Rebuke by Comfect [Reviews - 0] 1 (1084 words)
I have internet again, so I can update! This chapter took a little wrangling; let me know if you think it went where it should have gone.
33. In Which News is Delivered Late by Comfect [Reviews - 0] (635 words)
34. Epilogue: In Which Two Happy Endings Are Achieved by Comfect [Reviews - 3] 2 (541 words)
This is the last installment. Thanks for reading.