- Text Size +
Story Notes:
 
Author's Chapter Notes:

My Secret Santa fanfic! Sorry that it's a bit shorter than requested. But I made a banner! 


Pam’s POV


Christmas in the office is a very big and spiritual experience. Everyone dresses festive, they bring in food, sweets, Michael dresses up like Santa, we open gifts, Meredith gets blackout drunk, and Dwight offers free paintball lessons every year. But this year was even more special, because it’s my first and last Christmas engaged to my amazing fiance Jim. And I know that he was cooking up a great prank to pull on Dwight.


“This is stupid.” Dwight grumbled, while pulling on his elf hat that matched the plastic elf ears he attached moments before. Michael was gathering the employees for the Christmas card picture. Yes. A failing mis size paper company finds it important to send out a Christmas card.


“Well you do have elf like features.” Jim argued, with his famous smirk playing on his lips.


“False.” Dwight snapped, and opened his mouth for more, but Michael quickly interrupted him.


“Can it you two. It’s just for the picture and you can go back to your lifeless, soulless selfs.” he said, while shuffling us in front of the camera.


“Isn’t that the hat you bought last night?” I whispered to Jim. He gave me a big nod while digging his teeth into his bottom lips to keep himself from laughing. After five minutes of shuffling, moaning and Stanley threatening to leave we were all posed in front of the receptionist desk with fake smile plastered on our face, and Dwight is the only one in an Elf hat, and he truly had no idea. Jim was bursting at the seams and Dwight was already on edge when he came in this morning everything, and I mean everything on his desk was gift wrapped, pens, sticky notes even paper clips. He was pretty livid, saying we were wasting trees. A paper company was wasting trees.


“Alright, gift exchange time!” Michael cheered, shuffling everyone towards the tree. Jim got Dwight of course, and it’s taken over two months to put together this gift and assemble it into six different boxes. In the end he will have a flamethrower. Yes, I flamethrower. Which is actually a great gift for his farm. Safe? No. Cool? Yes.


“Alrighty dighty here you go Merideth,” Michael sang as he handed out gifts, “Angela oh Angela.” Jim and I were focused on Dwight who already had his six medium sized boxes in from of him his eyes glaring at them in suspicion.


“Alright you got me?” Dwight demanded.


“You can’t know,” Jim said, with a straight face. “That’s the point of Secret Santa.”


“Well I demand you ever had me to show themselves.” he basically growled and Jim was close to losing it.


‘Why do you need to know, Dwight?” I asked. He looked at me like I was the dumbest women to walk this planet.


“There could be poison in here Pam, or an alligator.”


“Who would get you six alligators?” Jim asked.


“I don’t know.” he said. “Maybe he’s got an alligator guy.”


“Maybe.” Jim laughed as lightly as he could. “Just open it Dwight, if it’s poison we’ll take you to the hospital.”


“I want Michael to do that.” he mumbled before he began opening his six packages.


At this point I didn’t know what was more entertaining, Dwight trying to assemble the flamethrower or what he was calling a potato launcher or my soon to be husband who was watching him. It took Dwight approximately two hours to put it all together with the gentle pushes of Jim along the way.  

“Alright where are the potatoes?” Dwight asked while holding up the flamethrower like a bazooka.


“Dwight it’s not a potato launcher.” Jim said for the twelth time. “Come on.” he said, while pushing him towards the door. Once again as a group we were all shuffling out into the parking lot, where we huddled on the side of the building watching Jim show Dwight how it works.


“You gotta pull this trigger first then this one.” he explained, while helping him hold it more properly. “I’ll count to three then you pull.” Jim said, before he jogged over to join the rest of us. “Aright! 1… 2… 3!” We all watched as Dwight pulled the two triggers his face very confused till a large flame left the end of the gun.


“OH MY GOD!” he yelled, while waving the gun back and forth. “I am king of Dunder Mifflin!” You couldn’t help but smile as how such a stupid gift could make someone one so happy. Looking up at Jim he also had a giant smile plastered on his face watched Dwight wave the flame around.


“Best Christmas ever?” I asked, Jim glanced down at me, pulling em tighter to his side.


“Best Christmas ever.”




miserycrush is the author of 2 other stories.

This story is part of the series, Secret Santa Fic Exchange 2018. The previous story in the series is Peppermint.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans