- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Hi, this is my first JAM-fic so let me know what you think! The premise is basically what if everything we saw on the office is the same, but behind the scenes, Jim and Pam were amateur actors secretly hired to make the show more interesting (but only the production crew know)

September 2003

"So..." Brian grinned across the table from Pam and Roy. "I've been signed onto a big project right here in Scranton, and I think I can get you guys jobs, if you're interested."

Pam sat up straighter with excitement. "What's it for?"

"Basically, the production company I joined was looking to make a documentary about an ordinary American office and we think we've found the perfect place. Only problem is it's missing a subplot to draw viewers in until they warm to the oddities that make up the rest of the office, and that's where you come in. You two would be a couple who have been together since forever, but it's obvious that you don't belong together. We are currently looking for a third person who would essentially be in love with Pam and at the end of the documentary, Pam will dump Roy for this other guy."

"Why am I always cast as the bad guy," muttered Roy. 

 "Sorry," replied Brian, "but the Regional Manager of the branch was very clear in the ad that he's looking for a female receptionist and we're putting the other person in the warehouse, so today is a sad day for gender stereotyping." He gave an apologetic smile.

"So we would be starting right away?" asked Pam.

"Yes, we need to keep the fact that we're planting people on the DL, so we're setting it up gradually, and this way it also gives you some time to settle in so everyone's familiar before we start filming. We're still in talks with the company at the moment, but it's looking promising, and I already have a couple of ideas for your love interest Pam, so at this rate we should have cameras rolling by next year. In the meantime, you would both have stable jobs and the production company will pay for a house for you to share, plus an extra bonus. Sound good?"

"Obviously there's a few more details to go over, but from what you said, it sounds amazing and I really need a job," said Roy. "What about you Pam?"

Pam grinned. "I'm all in." 

Chapter End Notes:
Please leave any feedback or questions you have!! btw i originally wrote a lot more for this chapter but i cant work out how to paste it onto here so im copying out word for word... ill post the rest later as a new chapter

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans