- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

This is my first ever attempt, so reviews would be appreciated, good or bad.

 Disclaimer: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners. The original characters and plot are the property of the author. The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise. No copyright infringement is intended.

She had never been more uncomfortable in her life. 

When Michael had suggested a “team-building, morale-boosting” trip to the movies, Pam had mentally rolled her eyes. There was no way she was giving up a Friday night to sit in a darkened room with people she saw far too much of anyway, watching some plot-free shoot-em-up action film. Weren’t Movie Mondays bad enough? And yet here she was, sandwiched between Dwight and Kevin, listening to one chomping popcorn with his mouth open and the other picking holes in the action. 

“There’s no way anyone could outrun a fireball of those proportions,” Dwight hissed, leaning close enough that she could smell his hot dog breath.“Completely unrealistic. His entire body would be engulfed, resulting in severe burns, asphyxiation, and eventually, death.” 

Pam didn’t think the evening could get any worse, until Kevin leaned across to offer her his popcorn, taking the opportunity to stare down the front of her shirt as he did. That was it; the final straw. She leapt out of her seat and almost ran to the lobby, desperately in need of some fresh air. 

Outside the theatre, she leaned against the cold brickwork, enjoying the breeze that cooled her flushed cheeks. This had to be the worst bonding exercise Michael had ever come up with. Anyway, how could anyone bond when they were sitting in silence in the dark? If Jim had been there, things would’ve been very different. They would’ve sat side by side near the back, criticising the script, the acting, everything, and not in the way Dwight was doing it. Jim actually had a sense of humour, for one thing. No-one made her laugh like he did. 

Pam closed her eyes and thought back to all the pranks they’d pulled in the office. Moving Dwight’s desk to the men’s room had to be in the top three. Maybe the coat stand incident too. Then, of course, there was his yearbook picture; that never failed to make her laugh. She couldn’t help smiling at the thought of it. But my God, look how he’d turned out. 

Her cell phone began to buzz in her pocket. She pulled it out and looked at the display, flipped it open with a cry of delight. 

“Talk about synchronicity! I was just thinking about you.” 

“Oh really?” That low, warm voice made her tingle all over. “You wouldn’t happen to be naked while you’re doing this thinking, would you?” 

“No, but I’m sure it’s only a matter of time. Where are you?” 

“About a half hour away. Are you at home?” 

“I will be. See you soon.” Pam snapped her phone shut and fumbled for her car keys. Forget the movie; she was ready for a different kind of bonding session.



norelle is the author of 0 other stories.
This story is a favorite of 1 members. Members who liked Bonding also liked 1626 other stories.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans