- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

A few things, I hit fast forward and now it's a year and a half later. You'll see why in a minute. :)

Also, combined two entries so the update would be a bit longer (and I was on a writing roll, what can you do?) I bolded the dates so you can find where the entries are separated easier. 

Before you get started reading, a HUGE thank you to those who have been leaving me reviews, I know I haven't responded to them all, buy I've read them all and your kind words, encouragement, and overall love for this story is making me the happiest person ever. This community is amazing and I am so lucky to be a part of it. 

Sunday, August 17th, 1997

 

Wow… I’m glad I signed that last entry as 1996 Pam. I would have never believed that was me who wrote those things otherwise. How naive was I? I should give some background for the grandkids…

I haven’t written in a long time because I kind of got into a rut with life (explained below) and hid my journal away (then forgot where I hid it- until I was packing for college).


1. Roy actually asked me to Valentine’s dance. However, instead of picking me up, he went and got drunk with his friends and was arrested for a DUI that night. All I did that night was pace around my house feeling pretty bummed out since I got stood up for this date. Penny and Mom had helped me get ready and it pretty much was a bad night all around. Roy called me that Sunday to fill me in. I remember just staring at the Boy Meets World poster in my room at a loss for words. I don’t remember exactly what I said to him, but I know I broke up with him. Probably a good thing too, mom and dad were furious that he stood me up and were in total agreement that breaking up with him was the best move.


2. Roy and the rest of his friends made fun of me in class for the rest of the semester. The second semester of my Junior year was pretty miserable. Thankfully I had the people at the office to socialize with sometimes. Isabel and I got to hang out more too which was nice. 


3. The summer between my Junior and Senior year of high school (so last summer) I went and toured a few college campuses. I settled on Marywood when I heard that they had an Art Therapy major! Even better is that if I really like it, I can go to graduate school there for that too. Things really felt like they were starting to fall in place once I selected a school that let me use art to help others. I applied last fall and actually got accepted early! This made senior year feel super slow, but at least I signed up for all the upper level art classes I could get my hands on. This helped me avoid Roy and let me continue pursuing my passion. I’m so happy that I got back on this path. Imagine if I had listened to my boss?!


4. I graduated from high school in May and finally quit that part time job at the office before I moved to the college dorms!


Which I believe brings me to now…


Tomorrow is the first day of college! I moved in on Friday and then we had orientation day yesterday. So that leaves me with my last day before college and I am so happy I found this journal to continue my thoughts!


I must say, I am a tad nervous for tomorrow. I have a class that starts at 8:00am. It’s English 100 which shouldn’t be too difficult. I actually did all the required reading prior to the week leading up to classes. So I’m evolving as they say.


My roommate’s name is Jen and she is so nice. She’s here to study biology so while we’re vastly different, I think we’ll be great friends!


I have to go now, but yay for me becoming a better person. I know a lot has changed, but I have less stuff in my dorm so 1) I shouldn’t have an issue with losing my journal and hopefully nothing crazy happens where I need to hide away for a year and a half again!


Go college!



Monday, August 18th, 1997


Scratch that, something crazy happened, but I’m not planning on hiding away for a year and a half because of it.


English 100… Jim Halpert is in it. Jim Halpert goes to Marywood. Jim Halpert and I have been paired together for our semester long project. Jim Halpert is cuter than ever and I’m going to lose my mind.


So there I am getting my tea at 7:30am, barely awake, but trying to look nice for my first day of college and I hear a “Hey Beesly” behind me. 


I remember being startled, yes this college is close to home, but not many people from my school stayed close to home without just going to community college. 


Jim was right behind me and oh my gosh did he look cute as ever. It’s probably been a year and a half since I saw him? Maybe? But he just looked like an older, more mature version of himself. He was wearing a striped t-shirt, jeans, and had this really cool looking messenger bag. It was hot yesterday so I don’t know how he was that comfortable in jeans. Anyway, I just squeaked out a “hey”. Yes, I actually squeaked. How mortifying. 


We talked for a minute, but then went to part ways for class and realized we were heading the same way for class which is how we found out we were in English 100 together. Then we got to class, sat together, and then we found out we’re together for a project.


I had looked over at him when the teacher announced this and he seemed on edge maybe? I’m not positive, but he smiled at me and I swear my stomach did a ton of flips. 


After class I asked him what college his girlfriend went to (I read this tip in Cosmo to make an assumptive close in situations like this to get a real answer, so I tested it). Turns out he has no girlfriend! I mean, who knows if anything will actually happen between us, but at least there’s no one just in case.


We actually hung out for quite awhile in the dorm lounge. He lives on the floor below mine. He’s a bit more confident than when we dated, but so am I, I guess!


I still think dating wise, he could probably do better than me, but friends wise, he’s awesome and I think this could really work out!


He’s majoring in communications or business. I don’t remember exactly, I was a tad preoccupied with looking at his eyes...you know just friends kind of things.


Anyway, I need to get going, my 3:00pm Math 150 class starts soon!


____________________________________________________________________________


Sorry, I have an update. Jim is in this class too. I think I might be doomed.


Chapter End Notes:
I know most probably won't mind that I finished up the Roy bit. It's very difficult to write him and I'm not his biggest fan. Thanks for the amazing reviews you all have been leaving on this story. They make me so happy and they're really helping me drive this story forward and shape it better. 

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans