- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:

Quarantine + a headache has me feeling like I don't want to do anything besides see how this story plays out in my brain.

 

Also, I posted an update on 4/12 so if you haven't read that one yet, you'll want to start there.  

I never thought I could love college as much as I do! It’s only been a week and I just feel like I’m where I’m supposed to be, you know? The classes I’m in are actually interesting, Jen and I are getting along great, and Jim is just wonderful too! We might as well be different people than we were two years ago. He’s a lot more confident (or maybe I am, I’m not really sure), but he’s funny as all get out and makes these incredibly dorky, lame, positively adorable jokes. I can already tell he’s going to be one of my greatest friends coming out of college.


Anyway, my first college weekend was fun! Mom, dad, and Penny came to visit me on Saturday which was really great. Even though we’re all in the same town, we agreed that I still needed to feel like I was getting the college experience of sorts and that we’d act (within reason of course) that I had gone to school further away. I was able to show them all my buildings that held my classes, the student union, and they finally got to see how I decorated my dorm! Penny kept asking if there were any cute boys. I’m sure I actively blushed because mom smiled slightly and admonished Penny for asking, then dad just chuckled saying “oh boy” or something along those lines. I think they could tell there was someone maybe….even though there totally isn’t. There isn’t...


On Sunday, Jim and I decided we’d have Sunday night movie nights as a way to “decompress before we’re just boring adults”. I told Jim we might as well be there already considering how much time we both spent in the library studying for our first exams. To which he agreed saying that’s why we needed this even more (adding in the “Beesly” he used to call me-which by the way, made me hard core swoon, but he doesn’t need to know that)!


Back to the movie night before I get caught up in my emotions, the first movie night was two nights ago. Jim got to pick this week (because he won the super official coin toss saying “if it’s good enough for football, then it’s good enough for this”) and he decided on Children of the Corn. It was TERRIFYING. I kept jumping every five seconds it felt like and at some point realized I was practically in his lap. So that was awkward. I didn’t show that it was awkward though because then that would just make it even MORE awkward. We don’t need awkwardness here...oh gosh I just wrote “awkward” so many times. I must really be awkward…


ANYWAY, I told Jim that I’m picking the movie next week and it’s going to be something that is the absolute opposite of a horror movie because I hardly slept Sunday night into Monday. When I told Jim this yesterday he just chuckled, yes CHUCKLED and said that he’d find something mellower next time. Buddy, there may not be a next time for horror movies…


So today I went to Blockbuster to see what kinds of mushy, gushy, too sweet kinds of movies I can rent for next Sunday. This is a partial "get even" sting. I thought about something super romantic because that would totally be the equivalent of something annoying for him. I was considering Sleepless in Seattle. It’s probably my favorite movie so at least I would enjoy it, I’ll see though, I’m still unsure about that.

 

The sororities on campus are doing their rush next week. I’ve decided I don’t want to be a part of that group, but Jen said she was going to rush and keeps begging me to go through it with her. I don’t really know. Jim kept saying I should go “for the experience”. I swear, that’s been his motto for the last week. Every time something new comes up, he says we should do it for the experience. That college will only last so long and that one day we’ll be boring adults. He sure likes to remind me that I’ll be boring one day...so, I’ll see about it, but it’s unlikely. If anything, I want to join Kappa Pi next year. It’s sort of like Greek life, but not the same thing really, it’s just a Greek organization for art peeps. I don’t know what the difference really is, but at least I’d meet more like-minded people!


Jim has decided that he’s going to join the intramural leagues so he can keep up with basketball. He actually turned down a basketball scholarship to go here because the academic program (which I did find out was Communications) was better here. I thought that was a really responsible thing of him to do and very unlike Roy. 


OH MY GOSH, SPEAKING OF ROY. So he never went away to college. He’s just still working in the warehouse at the office. It seems like he got what he wanted. From what I heard he just drinks a lot and sleeps around. I really really dodged a bullet there.


Oh no, it’s time for me to go. I gave myself thirty minutes to journal before I would force myself to write my art therapy paper on “How art brings us together” and I'm about fifteen minutes past the allotted time. Here’s to an exciting night full of Coca Cola, research, and writing. Bleh.

Chapter End Notes:
Children of the Corn was the last horror movie I watched and that was probably 7 years ago maybe? I can't do it.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans