- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
We're making progress!

Things have felt...off this week? Life just felt tense on Monday and Tuesday. Everything started looking up today though. Jim and I met up after class and went to grab some lunch. We talked about our hopes and dreams. It was cute.


Okay, no we totally didn’t talk about that, BUT we did discuss the merits and pitfalls of Air Bud. I complained how unrealistic it was and Jim retorted back with the fact that just because it seems unrealistic, doesn’t mean it still isn’t fun for our imagination to build it up.


Which has me wondering if he was referring to us. Maybe he’s building this all up in his imagination? Or worse, I’m building up him building this up in his imagination and I really have a problem…


I don’t think so though…


I met up with him after classes today and we were aimlessly walking around and we found ourselves sitting on the bench again.


Knowing what I know NOW about that bench and its matchmaking abilities, I was extremely awkward sitting there next to him. I probably looked like an idiot thinking he was going to kiss me every time we made eye contact. 


There was something there though. I could feel it in the way he held my gaze.


But I held his too.


It felt romantic.


It felt REALLY romantic when he had moved a piece of hair out of my face that the wind had blown into it. I can still feel the heat from his fingers on my cheek. If I die today, I can say that I died happy because the one touch really did me in.


His fingers just lightly brushed my cheek, but it felt like a caress. It felt like everything around us was still and we were just in our own little world. It does kind of feel like it though, when we’re basically sitting on top of the world while on that hill.


All I know is after that he got really quiet again and blushed. I felt like I did too, but I wanted to show him that it was okay and I grabbed his hand and we sat there in a comfortable silence holding hands like we did the other night.


I think the nice thing about whatever this is, is that unlike whatever it was that we had a couple of years ago, this seems more natural. Yes, next steps are coming in slower, but I’m really okay with it. I think that’s the beauty in this. Unlike my 16 year old self, I’m really in no rush to hurry my feelings. I can tell I like him, but I don’t think that ever left from the last time.


I think he still likes me. I mean I’m pretty positive he does anyway.


Based on these current events, I’m sure I’ll find out sooner rather than later.

Chapter End Notes:
So much will s/he, won't s/he in this story, but such is life.

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans