- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Things are HAPPENING

I decided to be brave tonight. I begged Jen to leave for a few hours so Jim and I could have some sort of privacy for movie night. I just felt like something special was going to happen tonight and I felt super giddy all day. Jim’s been becoming my best friend, but I kinda want more than that so I was trying to make tonight feel just a bit different. Maybe not like a date exactly. I’m trying to do this differently than last time and last time Jim was the one making the moves. I’m the one who originally broke up with him due to my own stupidity so I was trying to take matters into my own hands I guess. 


Anyway, Jim showed up at 7, right on time with popcorn and candy aka the way to my heart and holding When Harry Met Sally claiming it to be a “true classic”. I was obviously confused because it’s a chick flick and asked him what happened to Top Gun or something like that and he told me that he thought I’d like this more and he actually thought it was kind of cute too.


I don’t think I’ve exactly mentioned how we do movie nights, but we both sit on my bed with our feet hanging off the side of it while watching the tv I have set up on my desk across the room. It hasn’t been weird until tonight when I couldn’t even FOCUS on the dang movie. All I could think about was holding his hand again and remembering how his lips used to feel on me. He’s started getting stubble more since the last time we had kissed so I knew it would feel different.


Halfway through the movie I felt like I started sweating and I remember my breathing feeling different. I vaguely processed him shifting on the bed slightly which then, you know, sent my heart into overdrive because he was on my bed and I became excitedly aware of that fact. 


At some point I’d stopped focusing on the movie and I just felt like a magnet was bringing out hands together. Like it was destined for us to hold hands. At some point I’d realized that Meg Ryan’s character was going after what she wanted so I decided to do that too. SOOOO I grabbed Jim’s hand and held it. He was warm and his fingers were interlaced perfectly with mine. I kinda blacked out for a minute and just kept staring at the television, but the heat that was making my face warm brought me back to reality a bit.


I had decided to really go big so I turned towards Jim. I think I said his name, but he was already facing me and I kissed him. I kissed the heck out of him. I honestly don’t think we ever kissed like that when we dated the first time. He had his hands in my hair and his lips were just so full.


At some point I realized that the tv had stopped and the credits had finished rolling and remember the heat warming my face again as I pulled back. The look on his face though? I thought I could die being happy knowing I’d held his hand, but seeing that look that was just all dazey and cute? Now I can die knowing what it’s like to kiss like that and have someone look at you like you’re the only person who matters.


We made out for quite awhile, but at some point Jen came back and that kind of ended it for us and Jim left pretty quickly realizing he’d been caught. His hair was pretty jacked up and his lips were swollen. It was adorable, but I think we went at it a little too hard.


Jen had a great time making fun of me too because my hair was also in bad shape. She also loved the hickey that Jim left me on the side of my neck. AND SHE REALLY LOVED when I told her I didn’t know when that had happened. The whole thing made her cry laughing which in my state made me cry laughing because of how giddy and happy I was.


What a night. 


What.

A.

Night.


I need to go to bed, but I don’t know if I’ll be able to sleep.

Chapter End Notes:

F.I.N.A.L.L.Y.

I love brave Pam.  


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans