- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
Big things are happening!

So we’re walking around campus this morning. Nothing too crazy is happening. We went to the on campus cafe and he got some coffee and I got my tea. It didn’t take long for us to both finish our drinks, but either way we still got to hold hands and I just absolutely adore doing that.


The weather was nice and mild, but it was a tad breezy since we’re now heading back into Winter. We sat down on our bench and everything was just so peaceful and calm. I had rested my head on his shoulder and then he wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in closer to him (which is just so cozy in general). We sat in a comfortable silence for a bit while taking in the chirping birds. Before I go any further, let me just say that he makes me feel so warm and calm. I’ve never felt more at peace then when I’m with him.


So we’re sitting there and he kissed me on top of my head while brushing the hair that had fallen onto the right side of my face, out of the way. Then he starts telling me how great our relationship has been. At some point we were facing each other and he reached for my hands and got this almost sparkling look in his eyes and said he loved me. I remember my heart beating faster and breaking out in a big smile before I literally lunged at him like a dork. I kissed him and told him I loved him back. I haven’t stopped smiling since then. I can’t believe Jim loves me back. JIM LOVES ME. 


I was so scared to tell him before this, but now I wish I’d just had the courage, but honestly, this way was more perfect than me blurting it out in a movie theater too soon. Although the feeling has been bubbling up to the surface with every additional kind comment he gives me, tests he quizzes me for, or late night talks about our futures. 


I can’t understand how I ever dated Roy. He would have never been like this and this was all any girl ever wants. They want someone who cares about them, hears them, encourages them, and still wants to be with them when they’re a total b word. Have I found the one or am I just on a high from being told that SOMEONE LOVESSSSS ME???


Ugh, I’m in loveeeeee.


Oh, before I forget...


So, I wanted so badly to believe he would ask me to the dance, but I also had my doubts because he’s a boy and boys are dumb sometimes (a lot of the times) and thought I’d have to do it myself, which is no big deal, but it’s nice to be asked sometimes too. After we settled down from our excitement of taking this next big, exciting step in our relationship, he told me to close my eyes. At this point, I’m thinking to myself what else could possibly happen? This has already been the best day of my life!


I felt him place a box in my lap and got giddy all over again as he said I could open my eyes. Inside the box was this beautiful pearl pendant necklace that had a note accompanying it. The note was so cheesy…it said, “Roses are red, pearls are cream, going to the dance with you would be a dream”. It made me laugh because it was so sweet. Jim told me poetry was never his strongest subject area, but he wrote me a poem. HE WROTE ME….A POEM… He is such a romantic. I love it! So I said yes to going with him for obvious reasons, but wow I’m just elated right now. Maybe this is all happening fast, but it just feels right.


It feels so right.

Chapter End Notes:

Almost exactly 9 years ago I told my fiance I loved him while at the movie theater...in the middle of the movie after four months of dating. To say he was terrified was an understatement. We were also 15/16 at the time. 

But PSA, I don't recommend catching someone off guard by telling them you love them in the middle of a movie where all they can do is stare forward and stay silent haha.


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans