- Text Size +

Wow, the last few days have been interesting...After nothing happened this entire summer, James asked me on a date out of nowhere?!???!?!? He asked me to go bowling...just the two of us tomorrow. He said, “It seemed like a great way to jump start the new year”. IS THIS REALLY HAPPENING????? This is my first date ever and I don’t know what to wear, what to say, or how to act honestly. I mean, it’s just James. This is just a first date, this is nothing else. Just need to focus on that and don’t get too ahead of myself here. 


The more I think about it, the signs were really there this summer, he would buy me my favorite soda, complimented me on my (lame) art, and would always sit next to me when the interns would all hang out. I can’t believe I didn’t see it. I mean I saw it, I just didn’t connect it ya know? AHHHHHHHH! 


He is so cute and put together and nice and wow I am not cute or put together. 


I also don’t bowl worth a heck so this will be super embarrassing.


OH ALSO, how lame am I? When he asked me on the date, I thought he meant as a group thing like all us friends and didn’t catch on. He responded, “ uhhhh, no, just us” and sounded kind of disappointed. Have I already ruined my first date before it started? UGH that would be just like me.


He is supposed to call me tonight, but hopefully I can beat mom and dad to the phone first or ugh, Penny. That would be mortifying if she answered. Really, if any of them answered.


Okay, I need to talk about some other stuff (or write I guess) to stop working myself up about this. I finished the math packet and had the genius idea of picking up CliffsNotes for my books so that made it much easier. At least I’ll have the general idea down before Monday. I feel significantly less stressed than before and can focus on figuring out my future better than before aka no more art! 


Ugh I am massively ready to get the heck out of high school. I just want to live my life and travel the world and not care about school, my parents answering my phone calls an embara….wait I think James is calling….gotta go!!!!!!!

Chapter End Notes:
Write what you know...aka my first date was in a bowling alley and I begged my dad not to answer the phone when he called. Hopefully James asks her on another date (unlike my situation then hahaha).

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans