17 [Reviews - 15] Printer ePub eBook
Summary:

The darkest timeline post Company Picnic


Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Jim/Pam, Pam
Genres: Angst, Pregnancy/Babies
Warnings: Possible Triggers, Secondary Character Death, Violence/Injury
Series: None
Chapters: 1 Completed: Yes
Word count: 4755 Read: 1994 ePub Downloads: 3
Published: May 31, 2020 Updated: May 31, 2020
[Report This]
Story Notes:

Disclaimer: I own nothing, apart from my collection of The Office inspired t-shirts and a gift voucher from winning a The Office themed trivia night (which may just be the highlight of my life to date). Any lines of recognisable dialogue are adapted from the show.

The title comes from the song Wires by Athlete which is actually more optimistic than this fic...

1. Chapter 1 by JennaBennett [Reviews - 15] 17 (4755 words)

As a general rule, I love that fics can bring a little light into darkness. I’m all for happy endings and trying to fast forward through the angst. 

This isn’t that. 

This is the opposite of that. This is me adding in angst where there wasn’t any to begin with. 

This is me taking my own grief about a couple of things that happened in my life recently-ish and burying it in fic as a coping mechanism… 

Also, this is based on my own experiences/Australia so if there are any glaring inaccuracies with the US system, my bad. 

Also also, the dates for when this is happening, Jim’s birthday/the wedding don’t really add up with canon so can we just agree to pretend that this works… 

WARNINGS: miscarriage/loss