70 [Reviews - 47] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: While Roy is on a trip, Jim finds ways to be just a little closer to Pam. And that might be just enough to make all the difference. Set in the middle of season 2.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam Characters: Jim, Jim/Pam, Pam, Pam/Roy
Genres: Angst, Romance
Warnings: Adult language
Series: None
Chapters: 5 Completed: Yes
Word count: 15108 Read: 9828 ePub Downloads: 12
Published: December 26, 2020 Updated: January 07, 2021
[Report This]
Story Notes:
This one has been simmering for a while, so I hope it comes together in the way it’s been projecting in my head.

Title for the story taken from the song “Ivy” by Taylor Swift, hallowed be her name.

(Also, I conned fluffy lil TPB into writing a summary for a fic that includes angst in it. What have *you* done today?)

1. The Whole World is Sleeping But My World is You by WanderingWatchtower [Reviews - 14] 21 (2789 words)
Somewhat of an introductory chapter to start us off.

Chapter title comes from the song “Bloom” by The Paper Kites, which to me is the perfect Season 2 Jim song. Friendly reminder that I own nothing, nothing at all.

2. Waters So Inviting I Almost Jump In by WanderingWatchtower [Reviews - 6] 10 (2045 words)
Title taken from “Gold Rush” by Taylor Swift, because apparently I can’t stop listening to evermore on repeat.

3. Steal My Heart and Hold My Tongue by WanderingWatchtower [Reviews - 8] 10 (2797 words)
Happy NYE, y’all! Good riddance, 2020.

Chapter title from “Til Kingdom Come” by Coldplay

4. I Can't Decide if I'll Let You Save My Life or if I'll Drown“ by WanderingWatchtower [Reviews - 8] 10 (4284 words)
“I tried my best to never let you in to see the truth
And I've never opened up
I've never truly loved 'till you put your arms around me
And I believe that it's easier for you to let me go”


The chapter title of this one is from the song “Arms” by Christina Perri, which is actually the song that inspired the entire story.

This chapter is a bit longer than the others but for good reason, I promise. Enjoy!

5. Tell Me Now Where Was My Fault, In Loving You With My Whole Heart? by WanderingWatchtower [Reviews - 11] 19 (3193 words)
The final installment of this little story. Thank you so much for the love and encouragement!

Chapter title comes from the song “White Blank Page” by Mumford and Sons