- Text Size +
Author's Chapter Notes:
A little different format for this one but I hope you enjoy it! Thanks for all the love in regards to bringing this story back! :)
Monday: Pajama Day

“I hate this week,” Jim groaned.

Pam leaned in closer to the bathroom mirror as she finished applying her mascara. “Babe, it’s pajama day today. It is literally the easiest day of Spirit Week. You are wearing a pair of basketball shorts and a t-shirt. This is like, your dream work attire.”

Jim huffed. “I just don’t like anyone telling me what to wear. And I don’t understand how Michael got this written into our contracts. He’s not even the principal.”

Pam put the wand back in the tube and turned to face him, hand on her hip and a sly smile. “Probably because he’s banging the principal.”

Jim shuddered. “Pam, we agreed to keep that kind of talk outside of these walls,” he warned, taking a few strides toward her. He lifted the hem of the pajama shirt she was wearing and rubbed it between his fingers. “I don’t think I have seen you wear this to bed once.”

She swatted at his fingers. “It’s cute.”

Moving behind her, he wrapped his around her torso and placed his chin on her shoulder, making eye contact with her in the mirror. “I never said it wasn’t. But,” he placed his lips at the base of her neck. “I much prefer you in what you normally sleep in.”

Pam chuckled, leaning back into him. “I can’t wear nothing but your t-shirt to work, Jim.”

He whined against her shoulder. “This week sucks.”

She sympathetically patted his cheek twice with the palm of her hand then shooed him away so she could finish getting ready for the day.


“Okay,” Jim said, taking his travel mug out of the cupholder and taking a sip of his coffee on the drive to the school. “Michael dresses up in a full pajama onesie today, or you get to pick the movie tonight.”

Pam thought about it. “I don’t know, he strikes me as a guy that owns a matching set of satin pajamas. With a monogrammed pocket. So...you have a deal,” she stated firmly, putting her hand out toward him. He put his coffee down and shook her hand across the console.

“Deal.”

They walked through the front doors of the school and were immediately greeted by their vice principal.

Yes,” Pam celebrated under her breath while Jim simultaneously cursed under his. “Love the PJs, Mr. Scott!”

Michael beamed, dressed head to toe in black satin (nightcap included) and pointed to the “MGS” on his chest. “Thank you! I had them specially made, just for today. I love spirit week!”

Pam turned her head to Jim, grinning wildly. “Me too.”


Later that night, Pam nestled herself comfortably under Jim’s arm and pointed the remote toward the TV.

“I can’t believe you’re making me watch this,” Jim droned. “Again.”

She nudged him with her elbow. “I don’t care what you or anyone else says. Legally Blonde is iconic. And a bet is a bet, mister.”

“Fine,” he grumbled.

Maybe one day he would admit he loved it just as much as she did. Maybe.


Tuesday: Wacky Hair Day

Pam’s alarm clock blared and Jim threw the covers over his head. She smiled and rolled over, stretching her arms and legs. Then she ducked her head under the blanket with him.

“Up and at ‘em, Tiger,” she said, placing a quick kiss on his cheek. She was always more chipper than he was in the mornings.

“I don’t wanna,” he mumbled.

She chuckled softly, then trailed her fingers down his chest, stopping momentarily at the elastic waistband of his shorts before barely letting the tips of her fingers dip under it. One of his eyes popped open and he ran his finger down her arm.

“But I could be persuaded.”

She rolled herself on top of him and lowered her lips to the crook of his neck. “And how would one do that?”

His eyes fluttered shut and he gripped her hips. “Mmmm...this is a good start.”

Pam brought her hand up to his hair as she continued kissing up his neck. His hands ran under the pajama shirt she slept in last night (“I’m already in pajamas, why would I change?”), letting his fingers ripple over her shoulder blades and back down to the curve of her waist. She sat up and the simple change in position made him take in a quick breath. He looked up at her, curls falling perfectly over her shoulders and she smirked playfully at him before leaning down slowly to meet his lips with hers. He moved his hands from behind her back to the buttons on her pajamas. After fumbling with the first one he broke the kiss and leaned his head back into the pillow.

“See?! This is why you should always wear one of my t-shirts to bed. I don’t have time for this.”

She sat up and chuckled. Slowly, she began unbuttoning them herself, maintaining sultry eye contact with him the entire time. The shirt slipped down over her shoulders and he ran his hands up her thighs, leaning up to kiss her. “Much better,” he smiled against her lips before flipping her over on the bed, her giggles echoing off their bedroom walls.

——

“We should really get going,” Pam said, planting a kiss on Jim’s bare chest. She grabbed his discarded shirt at the base of the bed and threw it over her head.

He sat up and stared at her. “Such a good look, Beesly. Seriously.”

Crawling over to him, she kissed him deeply. After she pulled away, she brought her eyes to his hair, now sticking up in every direction imaginable. A wicked smile spread across her face.

“That’ll do.”

Jim’s brow furrowed as she made her way into the bathroom. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

Pam poked her head out of the doorway. “It’s wacky hair day today, Halpert,” she winked.

His mouth dropped open. “Wait. Did you just take advantage of me just so you could mess up my hair for stupid Spirit Week?!”

She looked at him slyly as she pulled on her skirt. “Are you mad?”

Looking at his wife, her adorable baby bump finally beginning to make an appearance, he smiled back.

“Not even a little bit.”


Wednesday: Crazy Sock Day

Pam sat on the edge of their bed and pulled on her brightly colored, knee-high socks.

“Now this is a day I can participate in,” Jim said through a mouthful of toothpaste. “Nobody even sees your soc—oh.” He watched Pam roll up her pant legs. “I guess unless you do that.”

She rolled her eyes. “Every party has a pooper…”

“...so that’s why you invited me, I know, I know.”

She couldn’t help but smile. “So are you saying you’re actually going to participate today?”

Jim spit in the sink and rinsed his mouth. After wiping his mouth with a towel, he lifted up his pant legs at the knees and looked down, revealing one black sock and one navy blue sock. He looked up with a smirk. “Totally.”

An exasperated sigh escaped her as she stood up and placed a hand squarely on his chest. She raised up on her toes and placed a kiss on his cheek. “You’re impossible, Halpert.”

“Impooooosibly handsome, funny, smart, and charming?”

She walked out of the bedroom, calling over her shoulder. “No comment.”


Thursday: Dr. Seuss Day

“Jim.”

“What?”

Jim.”

Pam.”

She stared at him with her hands on her hips. “Who are you supposed to be?”

He pulled his plain red t-shirt out in front of him and looked at it. “I’m a Thing.”

“A Thing. Which one?”

“I don’t know.”

Pam pinched the bridge of her nose. “There are only two. Pick one.”

“Larry.”

Her face remained expressionless for a full ten seconds before shaking her head and walking to the kitchen. Jim shrugged and followed behind.


Later that day, as Jim worked through his prep period, Darryl walked into his room wearing a red and white striped hat.

“What’s up, Darryl?” Jim said, putting his pen on his desk and leaning back in his chair.

Darryl handed him a stack of papers. “Here are my handouts from last year’s Huck Finn unit I did. Feel free to use whatever.”

“Oh, sweet,” Jim said, taking them from his hands. “Thanks, man!”

“Who are you supposed to be, anyway?” Darryl questioned before turning to leave, pointing to Jim’s shirt. “Thing 1?”

Thank you! Pam didn’t get it.”

Darryl chucked. “Dude, your wife is way more into this than you are.”

Jim glanced across the hallway to where Pam was teaching her class. She was wearing a full fuzzy black and white onesie, white gloves, a striped Cat in the Hat hat, and a full face of paint. His head instinctively tilted to the side as he watched her, his lips pushing up into a small smile.

“She really is.”

And truth be told, he loved her for it.


Friday: Duo Day

He put the lid back on the marker and blew on the wet ink. Slowly, he peeled the sticker off and placed it on his chest. He looked in the mirror and smoothed it out, the words “Hello My Name is: Han Solo” displayed in reverse back to him.

Straightening his tie, he walked into their bedroom.

“So, do you think Michael will be able to convince Jan to be the other part of his duo today?”

He looked up and saw Pam’s shoulders slump in front of their full-length mirror, a white belt dangling from her hand. She turned around slowly and met his gaze. She looked stunning in the flowing white gown, meant to be modeled after Princess Leia. He could see sadness lingering behind her eyes and she lifted up the belt.

“It doesn’t fit.”

“That’s okay,” he gestured to his chest. “The sticker is a little tight too.”

A smile flashed on her face, but never fully reached her eyes. She frowned and took a deep breath.

“Hey…hey,” he said, walking over to her and guiding her to sit next to him on the bed.

She grabbed his hand and fiddled with his fingers. “I don’t know. I should expect that things would start to not fit soon.”

Jim kissed the top of her head. They had found out about a month before they got married that Pam was unexpectedly pregnant. While they were elated to get the news, it came with a hint of uncertainty and changes happening quicker than they had anticipated. But every day brought more clarity to Jim that he wanted nothing more than their current circumstances.

“Pam, you’re growing our baby,” he whispered firmly. “Do you know how amazing that is?”

She looked into his eyes. “Is there another baby growing behind me too, because that seems to be growing just as fast,” she rolled her eyes. “I know it’s amazing, it’s just hard to feel like myself when everything’s...expanding.”

Jim let out a small, breathy laugh and lifted her chin with his knuckle. “You. Are. Beautiful. Always will be. In fact, right now you are more beautiful than you’ve ever been.”

Her eyebrows met and she brought her lips to his softly. “Thank you.”.

“Hey,” he said, brushing a stray hair from her face. “Do you still have that white vest?”

She gave him a look of confusion. “Yes, why?”

Jim shifted and grabbed his phone from his pocket. He typed something and showed the phone to Pam. “Leia wore other things, you know. And she’s kind of a badass here.”

Pam studied the picture and her face lit up. “I’m going to get ready.”

Jim remained on the bed while Pam ran to the bathroom to undo her buns and change it to a braid across her head like the picture. He looked down to the sticker on his chest and slowly began picking at the corner. Standing up, an idea sparked in his mind, he began rifling through his drawers.

Twenty minutes later, Pam emerged from the bathroom. When she caught sight of Jim, she covered her mouth with her hand, though it couldn’t hide the smile behind it. Jim placed his hands on his hips, then adjusted the vest he had found in the back of the closet and smoothed out the white henley shirt underneath: the spitting image of Han Solo.

“You like me because I’m a scoundrel,” he smirked, walking toward her.

She grinned and tugged him closer by his vest. “I love you.”

He brought his hands up to the side of her face and brushed his lips against hers as he whispered against them.

“I know.”
Chapter End Notes:
In case you need a visual of Pam’s Leia outfit adjustment, here you go. :)

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans