9 [Reviews - 6] Printer ePub eBook
Summary: Only You: A Novelization, Part 2 — A Reimagining of Episodes 3.09–3.25
After Jim returns from Stamford, both he and Pam are faced with their past mistakes.  But moving on and looking forward can be easier than it seems.
Rated: T
Categories: Jim and Pam, Other, Alternate Universe Characters: Andy, Angela, Bob Vance, Carol, Creed, Darryl, David Wallace, Dwight, Dwight/Angela, Hunter, Jan, Jim, Jim/Pam, Karen, Katy, Kelly, Kevin, Madge, Meredith, Michael, Michael/Jan, Oscar, Oscar/Gil, Other, Pam, Phyllis, Phyllis/Bob Vance, Roy, Ryan, Ryan/Kelly, Stanley, Toby, Todd Packer
Genres: Drama, Fluff, Holiday, Humor, Hurt/Comfort, Inner Monologue, Romance, Workdays
Warnings: Adult language, Other Adult Theme, Possible Triggers
Series: Only You: A Novelization
Chapters: 2 Completed: No
Word count: 10138 Read: 2176 ePub Downloads: 3
Published: May 31, 2021 Updated: July 14, 2022
[Report This]
Story Notes:

DISCLAIMER: All publicly recognizable characters, settings, etc. are the property of their respective owners.  The original characters and plot are the property of the author.  The author is in no way associated with the owners, creators, or producers of any media franchise.  No copyright infringement is intended.

WARNING: Contains coarse language, possible triggers, and other adult themes.

I’m a big fan of the “butterfly effect” when it comes to fanfiction, that being when a single change influences an entire story’s direction, key moments, and the characters’ development.  Post-“Casino Night” stories are a prime example of this, so I wanted to offer my own take on the concept while incorporating another key element integral to the couple’s history.

This story and its predecessor All I Needed are a reimagining of Season 3’s timeline as part of a larger novelization, including various JAM stories told through monologues.  All 25 “episodes” will have their own monologue (even the split episodes) and the story proper incorporates deleted scenes and moments from other seasons.

Enjoy!

1. All this feels strange and untrue by 3vasectomies [Reviews - 3] 6 (4407 words)

Originally posted on 31 May 2021

As mentioned, this is a direct continuation of All I Needed, which I completed not too long ago.  On that subject, a huge thank you to those who read, favorited, or gave jellybeans to AIN!  It was a joy to write and by far the strongest material I’ve posted on this site.  Feel free to reread, since I finally managed to fully iron out any and all kinks.

I’ve moved stuff around to thematically fit with the story’s themes.  Expect very irregular updates.  Life responsibilities are gonna take precedence, but hopefully, I’ll be able to finish this and then move on to more material for this AU down the line.  In actuality, I’ve been rewriting bits of my first story on this site, Never Give Up, to fit in the AU when I wasn’t working on this or other projects.

To summarise the JAM-related portions from AIN: Right after the infamous kiss, Pam breaks up with Roy.  A week after Casino Night, Pam calls Jim’s Stanford work number and confesses her love, then drives to his place in Stamford the next night.  After a long talk and some heart-to-hearts, the two get together.  Instead of Jim returning to Scranton, losing his promotion, he and Pam decide to maintain their relationship long-distance until they can both afford Stamford; thankfully, the merger manages to bring them back together physically, their relationship immediately outed his first day back.  Karen, who follows Jim to Scranton, while happy to have him and Pam as friends, can’t help but be upset that he’s unavailable.  Fortunately, she becomes fast friends with another employee.

Enjoy!

2. And I won't waste a minute without you by 3vasectomies [Reviews - 3] 3 (5731 words)

Originally posted on July 14, 2022

Enjoy!