- Text Size +

Jim walks into Dunder Mifflin, greeting Pam as usual. He raises an eyebrow at her when she looks at him and greets him nonchalantly, instantly knowing something is going on. “What’s up?”

“Nothing.”

“Yeah, okay. I’m keeping an eye on you, Beesly.”

She just shrugs and turns back towards her computer. He waits a second to see if she’ll cave and clue him in, but she doesn’t so he heads over to his desk.

He slings his messenger bag over the back of his chair before dropping down into it. He can see Pam glancing over at him out of the corner of his eye, but he doesn’t look at her. He wants to figure out what she’s up to.

He turns on his computer and then the monitor, leaning back in his chair as it comes to life. He types in his password once the login screen appears, continuing to watch Pam from his peripheral as the desktop loads. She’s just watching him now, not even bothering to try to be sneaky about it anymore. But he doesn’t notice anything off, besides Pam’s behavior, and as tempted as he is to go up and ask her again, he decides to at least check his email first.

That is, until he moves his mouse, but the cursor stays still. His eyebrows furrow and he tries wiggling his mouse again, but still nothing happens. He looks back up at Pam to see her grinning, a small giggle escaping her.

“What did you do?”

Still giggling, she answers, “Nothing.”

He attempts to move the mouse one more time with no result before flipping his mouse over and laughing. “Nice one.”

“Pretty good for a first prank, right?”

He carefully removes the picture of Dwight she had taped onto the bottom of his mouse and walks up to reception, taping it to her desk instead. “I’m impressed, though I’m also a little offended that you would do this to me, when we could be working together against this very man,” he says, pointing to the picture of Dwight.

“You’d want me to help you prank Dwight?”

“Hell yeah. I mean, I’ll have to get you past the beginner moves, but I think we make a good team, don’t you?”

He knows his job is to talk to clients about paper and prices and everything he never actually wants to talk about. He knows that his job is to make phone calls, reply to emails, fill out paperwork. But most days, he feels like the most important part of his job is getting Pam to smile at him like she is right now.

“Absolutely we do.”


You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans