- Text Size +

They don’t do PDA. Part of it is still habit from keeping their relationship secret from the office for three months, but most of it is wanting to keep that part to themselves, instead of sharing it with the camera crew and whoever may watch the documentary later on. Jim isn’t sure exactly how much they record or how much they’ll air, but he knows they’ve dug deeper into everyone’s lives than anyone thought at the beginning of all of this. They’ve had moments he knows they’ve captured, but him and Pam have agreed to try to keep it to a minimum. 


But he’s making an exception tonight. Maybe the smell of manure has gotten to him, or maybe that beet wine was stronger than they thought, or maybe having Mose sit less than two feet away from them is making him protective, but when they go to sit on the bed to listen to Dwight read Harry Potter, he pulls Pam between his legs and against his chest. 


She glances at the camera before looking back at him and he just shrugs and holds her a little tighter. Her smile is a little shy but she snuggles up closer to him, running her fingers over the arm thats wrapped around her chest. 


He had planned on their first trip away to be different. Somewhere far away from Scranton, in a hotel that has beds big enough to comfortably fit both of them, and preferably with no camera crew following them around. But, as Dwight starts to read and Mose listens intently and with Pam curled up into him, even if the cameras are watching them, he’s glad she booked this. Dwight is a pain in the ass, but even Jim knew he was spiraling and of course Pam would want to help him. He’d give up memory foam mattresses and heated indoor pools any day if it had her looking up at him like she is now.


Besides, the camera crew doesn’t know about their trip to New York next weekend, and he doesn’t plan on them coming along. 

Chapter End Notes:
Them sitting together on the bed in Money is one of my absolute favorite Jam moments. 

You must login (register) to review or leave jellybeans